Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: My last two babies

Default Re: My last two babies

Looks great!! They will enjoy the smells and breeze from the window. Mine did last year. Be sure they aren't in direct sunlight or that they have a cool place to go during the hottest part of the day. I always closed the blinds when the sun was directly on that part of the house and opened them when it was shady again. I can't wait to see them in it either!

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

lennysmom (10-15-2017), rescuemommy (10-15-2017)

Wasn't able to get everything finished tonight on cage but tomorrow should be all set in he meantime I added a short video of them just running around playing a little they are so silly enjoy. Also Henry has decided he wants to eat the fv again which makes me happy I want them to stay on it as long as possible.

https://youtu.be/JuMz97QJD00

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-17-2017), lennysmom (10-16-2017)

Wow, they've just grown up so much and are as adorable as ever!
    I'm sure they will have a blast in their nice bigger cage!
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

rescuemommy (10-16-2017)

Little stinkers!! I live when they spin jump. I used to love sticking my arm out and a squirrel would jump on it. Yay new cage!!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

rescuemommy (10-17-2017)

Hey y'all so feeding question.. I typically feed the babies who are now around 10.5-11 wks old i think 3x a day typically at 7 or 8am, 3 or 4 and then again around 10;30-11PM.. well I wont be off work in time for there 3-4 o clock feeding I wont be home till close to 6 or 7 this evening so should I feed them then and then again at 11 or should I just feed around 10-10:30 tonight? This morning they both ate close to 20cc and I left a rodent block and broccoli, radish, cauliflower, green beans, carrot and a few pieces of kale along with there different sticks and deer antler.. Any advice on what should do about there second feeding?

Feed them when you get home. They will probably not take as much for the last feeding but it's not a problem. I have some close to that age and they are getting 2 feedings a day. They are eating solid food.

11. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

cava (10-18-2017), lennysmom (10-18-2017), rescuemommy (10-18-2017)

So dumb question when giving the babies brussel sprouts, celery and grapes is there anything special I gotta beside just cut them up into smaller pieces.?

Nope. Some people peel the grapes because they don't eat it so you'll have dried grape peels on every surface, but other than that. Nope.

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

rescuemommy (10-19-2017)

I also might mention that celery makes for some stringy poop. The first time I saw it I absolutely panicked thinking my baby had worms. I stopped feeding celery after that experience. Anyway, just thought I would give you fair warning so you wouldn't panic like I did if you see that.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

cava (10-19-2017), rescuemommy (10-19-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    I also might mention that celery makes for some stringy poop. The first time I saw it I absolutely panicked thinking my baby had worms. I stopped feeding celery after that experience. Anyway, just thought I would give you fair warning so you wouldn't panic like I did if you see that.
    Thanks for the warning Beacuse yes I would freak out lol I may just for go the celery then and eat it myself lol

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (10-19-2017), lennysmom (10-19-2017)

So with the babies now on greens and blocks and still there formula of course should I still be offering formula feedings three times a day or should I be doing formula two times a day and of course there healthy greens and blocks athriugh out he whole day I usually change out there greensbfir fresh ones at each formula feeding one block in the morning and at night and a treat one bit and one apple each after last formula feeding with more greens for overnight

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    So with the babies now on greens and blocks and still there formula of course should I still be offering formula feedings three times a day or should I be doing formula two times a day and of course there healthy greens and blocks athriugh out he whole day I usually change out there greensbfir fresh ones at each formula feeding one block in the morning and at night and a treat one bit and one apple each after last formula feeding with more greens for overnight
    If they are still taking the formula well three times a day, I would continue to offer it to them. I usually let the babies decide when they don't want it anymore. If they don't take it at one feeding, I will try again at the next scheduled feeding time. They may start to only want two feedings a day. When they consistently refuse the formula altogether, it's a good indication they have self weaned. Some wean sooner then others. And I have even had a six month old that still loved formula! But at that point, it's easier to let them drink it out of a bowl. I would let them have it as long as they want it.

21. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

Nancy in New York (10-21-2017), rescuemommy (10-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    If they are still taking the formula well three times a day, I would continue to offer it to them. I usually let the babies decide when they don't want it anymore. If they don't take it at one feeding, I will try again at the next scheduled feeding time. They may start to only want two feedings a day. When they consistently refuse the formula altogether, it's a good indication they have self weaned. Some wean sooner then others. And I have even had a six month old that still loved formula! But at that point, it's easier to let them drink it out of a bowl. I would let them have it as long as they want it.
    Ok great thatís what I figured they would start to tell me when they donít want to eat 3x a day of formula so I will cont. the normal feedings. Itís getting hard to feed them with the 3cc they keep pulling the nipple off then itís a war getting it back or while the other runs off with a full syringe and no nippleí. Sometimes they are just so crazy and beat me up but I just love them and am already sad thinking about being a empty nest when they leave lol. Finally almost completely done with the big cage omg what a project it turned out to be after all but so excited for them and you guys to see it completed and there reaction. Iím working on getting more things together for them to have in the new cage and going to put in a dig box and few other hanging things to play on as well as the cage set I got but I was wondering if anyone has every got these pine ones for there babies it says they are ď50 Natural Organic Eastern Hemlock miniature cones. Hand harvested from trees and inspected for top quality. Never collected from ground- this ensures cleanliness. Lightly oven toasted to to be sure cones are free of insects. Size averages 3\4" to 1". Great treat for small critters such as rabbits and mice, etc.Ē
    Would these be safe for them.? I just want to have a few different chewing things besides the branches and apple sticks, antlers for them and I canít find any pine ones myself in the area lol thanks you guys as usual for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cage is finally all finished and moved into place her have to set there stuff up tomorrow and let the fun begin!! So excited and I have a little try at the bottom that can come out and be cleaned yay so exciting! Canít wait for you to see the video of when they go in her and when all the ranches and toys and stuff is set up!!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

24. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rescuemommy:

cava (Yesterday), Jen413 (Yesterday), lennysmom (10-22-2017), Nancy in New York (10-22-2017)

Wow, it looks great! Love the tray idea in the bottom. I'm looking forward to the video of those two little sweeties enjoying their big new cage!

Wow, you did a great job!! I, too, love the tray.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789