Thread: Pneumonia

Hybrid View

Annabell Guest

Default Pneumonia

I have a baby squirrel around 3 weeks old and he got milk in his nose and now has all the signs of Pneumonia. What can I do to help him and keep him from dying. He is the only survivor out of three babies. The tree his nest was in was cut down before the hurricane. The ppl waited to see if the mom would return but she never did. My grandparents always raised the baby squirrels that were found but I have never had this issue before. I am heart broken and hoping there is something I can do!

Default Re: Pneumonia

He will need antibotics ASAP. Aspiration pneumonia kills quickly, so time is of the essence. Do you have any Baytril, Cipro, Clavamox, or Augmentin? If you don't have one of these, ask around to family or friends to see if someone has any. Even just one pill will do. One you are able to acquire some, we will need the strength of the antibotic and the weight of the baby so that it can be accurately dosed for you. Praying for your little one.
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 09-14-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

stepnstone (09-14-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.