We rescued Foxie about 7 months ago. She has always been healthy and playful. When time to release came, she refused to leave. Foxie is a little on the heavy side as she loves to eat, has a 1-2 Squirrel blocks every day and a mix of veggies [red cabbage, leaf lettuce, carrots, a small piece of corn on the cob, a small piece of fruit, egg shells and one of various nuts a day for a treat]. Plus I keep small branches in her cage to chew on and play with. I use various varieties of branches; [pecan, apple and oak].

In the last couple of weeks Foxie is not as sociable as she has been and has not been eating as well as normal. She does have some food stashes in her cage and appears to be peeing and pooping normally.

She seems to be more interested in shredding her sticks than anything else and intently shreds her sticks like that is the most important thing in the world, more important than eating. Plus she gets mad if I try to remove any of her piles of shredded branches.

I am wondering if maybe she is thinking that since the days are getting shorter and that fall is coming that maybe she is making nesting materials? Or if this is just a stage she is going through because of her age.