Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

Default Re: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

You are doing a wonderful job in asking all the right questions and following good advice. Those two little ones are fortunate to be in the hands of someone who cares enough to do what is needed to help them thrive. Its a lot to to learn when you are new to it, but you cared enough to take this on. And we are always here to answer any questions you might have.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Thanks all I will continue to as instructed by you guys and hope these two babies stay strong & healthy. I will try and feed them extra slow but they are always wanting toe at fast and I make them stop and take breaks I will keep an eye on the weight and try to see if now the FV if the normal 5-7% feeding Amy fills them up.

Control the syringe plunger handle with two fingers (pointer and thumb) because at some point the squirrels become big/strong enough to suck the formula and make the syringe plunger move on its own. So really, your job will be to prevent the syringe plunger from moving to fast!

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    Thanks all I will continue to as instructed by you guys and hope these two babies stay strong & healthy. I will try and feed them extra slow but they are always wanting toe at fast and I make them stop and take breaks I will keep an eye on the weight and try to see if now the FV if the normal 5-7% feeding Amy fills them up.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

Thanks that's what I have been doing be cuss ether two are strong enough to move it themselves so I have to stop them and they get fussy lol but will continue and use the new syringe so won't have to worry about these crappy ones iv been using should help. Now that they are a little bigger will it be less likely for them to aspirate.? I know probably not the case but I sure wish it was it makes me so nervous now

They bigger they get, the easier they will be and the more experienced you will be! Trust me, in a week or two, you will be able to syringe feed a squirrel blindfolded with one hand!

Just try for a slow, steady moment and if they pause to breath or swallow, just pause with them. I sort of watch the plunger and and what the squirrel is doing (sucking really hard or sort of pausing to get a breath) and just follow along. The squirrel leads but you control the pace!

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    Thanks that's what I have been doing be cuss ether two are strong enough to move it themselves so I have to stop them and they get fussy lol but will continue and use the new syringe so won't have to worry about these crappy ones iv been using should help. Now that they are a little bigger will it be less likely for them to aspirate.? I know probably not the case but I sure wish it was it makes me so nervous now
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Mommas Munchkins (09-14-2017)

Thanks I can't what for my new syringes to come I feel like I will feel better with those wen i feed I usually let them lay on there belly while I point the syringe and nipple upright and have been going one black line and stopping all the way to the end of the syringe that way without problems. My question is just because let's say one was eating slow and I was pulling syringe out and he sneezed and I saw like to little dots of formula this doesn't necessarily mean he aspirated I just don't see how he could of there was barely any even left in the syringe. I instantly tipped him down and nothing came out I even did a little suck with my mouth over his nose he seemed fine no noise in lungs when I listened with my stereoscope and he isn't sneezing or clicking at all. I think in just being Paranoid since I just lost my baby girl. I can't wait for the new nipple and syringe so I don't have to worry as much.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mommas Munchkins from:

Nancy in New York (09-15-2017)

My last two sweet babies, I started a new thread for these two in the normal thread hope they stay there and have no problems!! Input is appreciated on the new thread as I still have many questions I'm sure and pray I can be half the parent to these babies as all of you are to yours you are wonderful!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mommas Munchkins from:

Nancy in New York (09-15-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234