Thread: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

Hybrid View

Default Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

I cant get the video to play that has been posted in here about pneumonia but Im almost positive my baby girl has it. and am trying to determine if my little baby the runt of the group has pneumonia, I heard her start making a clicking noise that has cont. almost every breath I have no vet out here willing to write baytril, and I am waiting to hear back from my doc if they will call in Cipro for me. I have Cefuroxime Axetil 500mg generic for Ceftin on hand as of right now from back when I myself had pnuemonia. Will this work for her.. She has cont. to eat normal no drop in her wanting to eat as well as use the potty and doesn't seem to be experience any symptoms of pneumonia besides the clicking sound. Please help that should I do or try? Is there a direct link to the video when I click on it it doesn't play. Also should I be keeping her away from the other babies if she does in fact have pneumonia?

Default Re: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljcBeDifI40

Listen about 12 seconds into this video and you will hear the constant clicking of aspiration pneumonia. Cipro would be best, but I think what you have could also work? Not sure, I need to get home to check my WBM Guide. Maybe someone else here will know for sure?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

cava (09-12-2017), Mommas Munchkins (09-12-2017)

Thank You for the video I am positive now that she has pneumonia. I took a video of her in my hand of the sound she is making and it is getting worse. I was going to upload it to here for yall to listen but For some reason it isnt going to let me upload the video I cant get it configure to jpeg or any of the other formats needed to upload. I took of the noise she is making any idea why.? I'm hoping what I have on hand will work as I still havent heard back from the doc for cipro. My doc is now closed and they never sent my cipro Im getting scared for my baby.. she is the runt and has already been having a hard time keeping up with the others weight wise she is currently eating formula and nibbling on the rodent block but I don't want this to change as Im just now getting some weight on her. She is now also on the FV formula for 4weeks and up. Someone please let me know if what I have on hand will work and what I need to start to give her dosage wise I am determined to keep this baby girl healthy and alive like the other two.

I can't find dosing info for this AB in my WBM manual. Can you get any Cipro, even a single leftover pill from a friend or family member? Bumping this up in case someone else knows how to dose Cefuroxime Axetil or Ceftin?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

cava (09-12-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    I can't find dosing info for this AB in my WBM manual. Can you get any Cipro, even a single leftover pill from a friend or family member? Bumping this up in case someone else knows how to dose Cefuroxime Axetil or Ceftin?

As TubeDriver said, call around to family and friends for Cipro (Human antibiotic) Baytril (animal ab.)
    OR Clavamox or Augmentin.
    I have never heard of the other drugs either, nor would I know if they are safe for mammals or how to dose.....sorry.
    We would need a weight in grams and the strength/mg of the pill.

Where in Tennessee are you located, just the city. We may have members near you.

That is all I have as stated above.. it is 500mg pills, the baby is around 52.2 grams.
    Last edited by TubeDriver; 10-30-2017 at 06:34 PM.