Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

Default Re: Pneumonia in runt of litter HELP!

Give her probiotics 2 hours before or after dosing with Cipro. You could skip the probiotics at 1AM tonight, probably just as important that you both get good nights sleep. Just resume the probiotics tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by rescuemommy View Post
    Ok great Im so glad I can read a syringe as a Medical Assistant I would be very worried for my human patients if someone told me i was wrong lol. I will take more pics as they cont. to grow. I have noticed little one has been climbing up on my shoulder and sleeping either there or behind my neck i feel like she is comforted there and she knows she's sick and getting better i feel like now instead of a constant click like a pen its a slower click,click. I know I am suppose to give probiotic again but that would be at 1am will she be ok without it after last med dose tonight.. I feel like I have to ask all these questions now i feel less confident in myself since she has gotten sick.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Mommas Munchkins (09-13-2017)

Great yes I have been giving probiotic mixed with warm water about 2ml with a half capsule probiotic 2hrs before and after the cipro except for tonight at 1am we both need some good sleep. I feel like giving the med in the 1cc with a tip on the end will be so much easier then having to use a 3cc without nipple or tip was hard but me and her are working on this together I may bring them into my bedroom and put them on my night stand tonight just so i can check on them without waking my whole house up.

Thank you so much everyone for all your help abs being so nice. When I went to give her her meds at 11pmmy baby had passed away 😭 I'm just so heartbroken and wish I could have done more. I pray I can keep these other sweet babies healthy happy and strong. 😔😢

Oh no this breaks my heart. I'm so very sorry rescuemommy and I'm sharing in your tears tonight. I know you tried so hard to save her. She passed in a safe place, warm and loved because you cared. I pray her siblings grow up stong and healthy and live on in her memory.
    Godspeed precious little one.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

Nancy in New York (09-14-2017)

I am heartbroken to read this.
    Please know that you did everything possible to help this little girl.
    You came for help when you saw a problem, you followed every direction
    given.
    Sometimes there are no answers as to why they have to leave us so soon.
    It's heartbreaking and confusing, but we saw nothing to indicate that she wouldn't
    make it.
    There are several babies on the board that have had a "respiratory" problem and
    Baytril/Cipro doesn't help. I sent you Doxy yesterday, just in case little girl was one
    of them.
    Unfortunately, we will never know.
    Be gentle on yourself.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

I am so sorry. You did what we all would have done, but sometimes it is just not meant to be.

Godspeed little squirrel.

See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Thank you everyone the plus is my other two babies appear healthy and getting bigger each day ones 80.1 one is 70 I feed at 6 this morning and am wondering will they be ok till I get home this evening till three I have a longer work day today then normal

Thank you everyone the plus is my other two babies appear healthy and getting bigger each day ones 80.1 one is 70 I feed at 6 this morning and am wondering will they be ok till I get home this evening till three I have a longer work day today then normal
    Please refresh me. What are you feeding them, and how old do you think they are?

They are roughly around 5-5.5 weeks old maybe 6wks on FV 20/50 usually eat 6-8cc each feeding, they also love to eat there rodent blocks both are this morning about 6cc and 8cc and one block each.

They are roughly around 5-5.5 weeks old on FV 20/50 usually eat 6-8cc each feeding, they also love to eat there rodent blocks both are this morning about 6cc and 8cc and one block each.

OK Fox Valley stays in their system longer. I would try to make up for missing feedings, somehow if you can feed a little later at night.
    I can't believe they are eating so much but still such little "feather weights" I am not doubting you but this is crazy.
    PLEASE forgive me for even asking this, but we have seen this several times on the board.
    Someone will think they are feeding a certain amount when in actuality they are feeding the WRONG amount.
    So you are feeding between 6-8 WHOLE syringe fulls like this, correct? What sized syringes are you using?

Name:  1cc_2048x2048.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  4.2 KB

I had 4 little ones given the wrong amount, though the finder THOUGHT he was measuring correctly, and when we saw the photo we KNEW they were being underfed.
    Here they are:

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

When I first got them for a few days when feeding them they were on escbilic without heavy cream as I wasn't sure if that was safe for them or not.. I started to notice they were staying the same size so I checked how I was mixing and the powder wasn't all that it should have been so I instantly ordered the fv and went to the store added the heavy cream and remeasured the powder and water exactly. I started to see a huge difference, once I had this fixed that have gain weight everyday. I finally yesterday have them transferred to 100% FV. I feel like maybe that's why they were so small for this age as I messed the formula up like a idiot. This is the syringe I use it if isn't complexity fully it is at least always at the 3 make on the syringe. I started out with four sweet babies in the pic below now I'm done to two I attached pics of the fatty ones last night but can post new ones I will reattach the ones of what they look like now
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This is the one that is weighing in around 81 the two top pictures and the boy who's around 70 the bottom two pictures in the very bottom hea is the one on the top left big girl under him on the left the one who gained her wings on right
    Attached Images Attached Images      

They really are adorable.
    I'm glad you have the Fox Valley, is it the 20/50?
    Yesterday I had Henry's ship you some O ring syringes and some
    miracle nipples.
    While the syringes you have now are good for a couple of
    uses, they usually end up sticking, and we want to avoid that.

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

lennysmom (09-14-2017), TubeDriver (09-14-2017)

OMG thank you so much for doing that! Yes they are one the 20/50 FV and usually eat one rodent block each, I dobt like my syringe as they stick like you said I usually get one to two use out and then throw them away I was going to get the ones from Henry's he other day but were sold out. Thank you. How there eating is this normal since they were behind back on the 9th they were only on the 42-44s. I check there belly and when see milk line stop feeding. I feel like they eat like this so much because maybe they were so behind I weight.. I can start a new thread for these two if I need to, but just wanted to make sure they look ok not to underweight. They are so active around feeding time and love climbing on everything and peeing on me seems to be there favorite

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mommas Munchkins from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

We calculate the amount to feed by weight, feeding 5-7% of their total body weight per feeding. So for a baby weighing 81g, you would be feeding around 4cc per feeding, maybe a little more if they still seem hungry. They are just precious! Yep, the active behavior and peeing on you is quite normal. By the way, are you still stimulating them to potty before and after each feeding? At this age, they can go on their own, but that may help some with them peeing on you.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

Yeah that's what's I figured but when I stop them at 4cc they run around crazy looking for more average for them each feeding is close to 6 without being bloated and normal pooping. I still stimulate them before and after each time I feed them and wash there hands and face with a warm cotton ball to keep them clean. I just was wondering as to why eating so much more then average 5-7%

OK just throwing this out there.
    Some people get the formulas confused.
    Please make sure you are using the one below that says correct formula.
    It can be confusing since they both are pet ag, and they BOTH say puppy milk replacer.
    I know they are on FV 20/50 now, but I'm just curious why they didn't gain when you
    clearly are going over the "rule of thumb" 5-7% of what to feed.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

I was using the one that's on the right with the white puppy that had the band on top that said with probiotic ext. however not anymore I threw it away and they are on just straight FV 20/50 now I at first wasn't adding heavy cream to the old formula and was using way more water then I was powder by mistake for a good week maybe, I knew something was wrong when they weren't gaining any weight and in the low 40s for there age. That's when I called Henry's Healthy Pets and they helped me and I fixed the water formula ratio and added heavy cream they then started gaining and that's what I gave them until I got the FV a few days ago today is the first day they are on straight FV 20/50. They are gaining weight now every day not going down in weight at all and I am mixing the FV exactly to the T how it say to.

26. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mommas Munchkins:

lennysmom (09-14-2017), Nancy in New York (09-14-2017), stepnstone (09-14-2017)

I was using the one that's on the right with the white puppy that had the band on top that said with probiotic ext. however not anymore I threw it away and they are on just straight FV 20/50 now I at first wasn't adding heavy cream to the old formula and was using way more water then I was powder by mistake for a good week maybe, I knew something was wrong when they weren't gaining any weight and in the low 40s for there age. That's when I called Henry's Healthy Pets and they helped me and I fixed the water formula ratio and added heavy cream they then started gaining and that's what I gave them until I got the FV a few days ago today is the first day they are on straight FV 20/50. They are gaining weight now every day not going down in weight at all and I am mixing the FV exactly to the T how it say to.
    OK now I understand, thanks for the explanation. I do think you mentioned this
    before. So many emergencies sometimes I can't remember in whose post I read what
    without going back and rereading.
    They don't come any better than Leigh, the owner of Henry's,
    who I'm proud to say is a member of the board!
    Thank you!

28. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

lennysmom (09-14-2017)

No worries it's understandable. Yes Leigh was great and so helpful. You all have been. I will continue to feed how am if you all agree if I should change please let me know I truly can't stand if I lost these last two babies so please everyone let me know thank you so much again.

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mommas Munchkins from:

TubeDriver (09-14-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast