Thread: Use of Nutri-Cal - okay or not?

sugarglidersuz Guest

Question Use of Nutri-Cal - okay or not?

I have two non-related abandoned eastern fox squirrels in my care right now. The female came to me on August 17th. The male on August 22nd. Both were about 2 weeks old when they came in. They were both doing very well up until a few days ago, when the female - who has always been smaller, even though about the same age - started dropping weight and losing her appetite, although she was still active and strong. Both of them are developing at the same rate. The female started opening her eyes yesterday and the male has not yet. They both have top & bottom incisors and their tails curl. This morning she has come to a crisis point wherein she is lethargic and is only eating about half of her normal formula consumption amount. So my question is: can I supplement her feedings using Nutri-Cal or not? If I can, does it matter whether it is the puppy or kitten formulation and what would be the correct amount and frequency of administering it? I am very concerned and would greatly appreciate a response to these questions. Thank you! (P.S. I sent a message to the vet that I have my license under but have not gotten a reply yet. Also, this is not my first rodeo. I have raised and released several squirrels; however, this is the first time I've had one with a sudden decline and exhibiting a failure to thrive.)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: Use of Nutri-Cal - okay or not?

What do these little ones weigh?
    What are you currently feeding them?
    How much do they eat in a 24 hour period.
    Do you have a heat source for them?
    Did they aspirate formula?
    What size syringe are you using and do you use a nipple?
    Do you have access to clavamox or augmentin OR
    Baytril or Cipro?

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Grinderhead (09-09-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.