Thread: pairing babies together

vassarsquirrel Guest

Default pairing babies together

I have a 2-3 week old that I found last Thursday and she seems to be doing fine; very active and a talker. A neighbor brought me two babies last night that he found a day apart, and we are pretty sure they came from the same nest. The female, the last one found, was weak. We warmed them both and then tried hydration. The male seems to be responding well but unfortunately the little girl did not survive. Would there be any problems if I put the two babies in together even though they are from different litters? They look to be about the same age.

Default Re: pairing babies together

Shouldn't have any problems at all!

What are you feeding? What type of container are they in? Heating pad?

vassarsquirrel Guest

They are in containers with flannel and I have them on a heating pad. This is my second stint so I have a good feel for what needs to be done. I found a brother and sister last fall, but the male only survived for about three weeks. However, the female thrived and we released late April. She comes back to visit, although I have not seen her in a little over a week. I just wanted some advice on pairing the infants together. I figured they could keep each other "company" in the same container. Thanks for the response.

No problems in putting them together even if they are not the same litter but close in age. I usually wait a day or few before combining, until I am confident there is not any issues (parasites, infection, disease?) I may be introducing to the other group by combining.

(PS I agree wholeheartedly with your answer about your favorite kind of squirrel!!!!!)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.