Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby RAT Rehabbing

Default Re: Baby RAT Rehabbing

Quote Originally Posted by Jennefer View Post
    OMG she is adorable! I know my mom has had wild rats out doors make nests by her stairs or in her plant pots (she lives out in the country with lots of barns), like a roof or field rat. They are same color as her. Way smaller than domestic pet rats, but bigger than a mouse. Kind of look like a giant grayish brown mouse. Big dark eyes like flyers. Def not typical subway rat! She is just precious. Attachment 292360
    That looks very very close!! That one's tail looks blackish, too, like hers!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to DarkLies212 from:

Jennefer (09-02-2017)

How's ur rat baby doing???

She's doing wonderful! I almost had another baby roof rat (my plan was to release them together), but the little one died before I could get to him.

Here she is last week before her big escape! She jumped out of her new cage as I was giving her more water and took off behind the sofa. I had just opened the ferret doors and released those beasts, so panic ensued! After wrangling all the ferrets and somehow moving that behemoth of a couch myself, she saw me and ran towards me. We haven't had an escape again

Name:  20170922_183113.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  94.0 KB
    Name:  20170922_183121.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  63.5 KB

5. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to DarkLies212:

cava (10-03-2017), Jen413 (10-03-2017), Jennefer (10-03-2017), lukaslolamaus (10-03-2017), Squirreleesi (10-03-2017)

What a little cutie! She looks like a bigger version of my Deer mice.

That escape must have been panic inducing, it is scary just trying to recapture little ones like this but with ferrets around?!

At some point, we reluctantly decided no more out of cage time for our mice, they are just too fast, too clever and want to run and hide.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

DarkLies212 (10-03-2017), Jennefer (10-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post

At some point, we reluctantly decided no more out of cage time for our mice, they are just too fast, too clever and want to run and hide.
    That's what I decided for her as well. Well, that and she just isn't very social like some of the domestic mice I've adopted.

I so badly wish I could release her I just wouldn't want to do that knowing it'll be a death sentence for her. She isn't as easy to read as a squirrel where you can tell they're so friggen unhappy being inside. She acts like some of my domestic mice (the rats are much more social), just a bit more shy.

I would have crapped my pants. Thank goodness ferrets are part sloth and easy to wrangle compared to a speedy rodent.

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

DarkLies212 (10-03-2017)

Cava.... I needed a good laugh today!!!! Your comment did it!

DL - she is just precious! I love her big ears! Glad to hear she is doing well.

Your escape story reminds me of when LuLu was about 8 weeks old...i took her into my daughters bedroom (why I cant remember), set her down on the floor on a blanket & in a split second she ducked under the bed in a space about 2" wide. Under the bed is a trundle, which is connected to a base with a bookshelf behind it, which there would have been no way to retrieve her had she gone behind that bookshelf...besides tearing the entire wall away or moving a 500 lb bed. I have never moved furniture so fast in my life to get under there & get to her, in the far back corner mind you, where I barely fit! Little bugger peed on the carpet too when she was under there.

ME: Thank God I got you! My Daughter: Mom, this is a squirrel free zone from now on...no more squirrels in my room! (So we had a slight incident when I had all 6 of my flyers in her room to run the curtains...i left for a minute to get something & they jumped on her & started biting her ears, with blood!). oopsie

Love the photos...keep us updated on her!

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

cava (10-03-2017), DarkLies212 (10-03-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12