Thread: Looking for a rehabber in IL to take over care/release of a 7wk old.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Looking for a rehabber in IL to take over care/release of a 7wk old.

There isn't a formula issue. I said that she's starting to refuse formula when offered, not that I'm restricting her or that she's not eating it at all. She's clearly still eating formula as I said I would send extra formula with her if someone was willing to take her.

She's currently eating a high quality rat lab block, a high protein formula, monkey nuts, a dry mix of whole grain cereals, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, and oats. She gets a daily fresh food mix that consists of a veggie mix that I give my bearded dragon that is high in calcium with low oxalates - usually trurnip, mustard, or collared greens mixed with various squashes. These veggies are dusted with a calcium supplier. She also gets apple, broccoli, and green beans daily, and she has access to a herb garden with parsley, clover, cilantro, and artisan lettuces. She has nuts in the shell available, and a forage area with gut loaded and calcium suplimented feeder insects that she really likes; super worms, dubia roaches, and crickets.

As I said, she's eating well and gaining weight. She's responding well to captive foraging eating techniques.

Default Re: Looking for a rehabber in IL to take over care/release of a 7wk old.

She does not need to be eating nuts or seeds at all. I am curious why at 7 wks she would be turning down formula. Most 7 weekers act like they have never eaten before at each meal as they ravenously attack the nipple. Probably the nuts and seeds are cutting down her appetite when she still should be on formula as her primary food.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

island rehabber (08-31-2017)