Thread: Baby Girl, start of mange?

Default Baby Girl, start of mange?

Hi everyone,

I received 2 baby sisters a couple weeks ago and as there hair began to emerge one started looking a little different. It began on top of her head and whisker area, it looked like hair was grouped by glue. I became crusty and when it feel of that little patch of hair went with it. Her whisker area is still bumpy and rough and now I can feel bumpys under her fur on back of her head and a couple under her arm. I had 6 babies after receiving the girls and once I noticed this have since separated them and don't see signs of it on any of the others thank goodness.

She seems in good health other than this and shes is 125 grams now and is fully furred. Eyes are beginning to open.

I've been trying to reach the shelter that brought them to me but haven't heard back from them yet. I don't have any revolution available to me but there is a Feed supply store down the road that may have the Ivermectin. Which I can check today unless shes still just too young for this. Hoping I can get some direction from the Squirrel Angels to help this little girl.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Default Re: Baby Girl, start of mange?

Here is a thought: Might this be from "Milk Burn"?

If they get quite a bit of formula on their fur anywhere and cleaned up a bit it can cause the kind of crusty feeling and the hair to fall out.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Queenie (08-25-2017)

I agree with Spanky...... it doesn't look like mnage, but more like formula burn.
    I suggest you get some natural unscented baby wipes and clean any area of the
    squirrel that has formula on its fur to stop this problem from spreading.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rhapsody from:

Queenie (08-25-2017)

Oh that would be great if it wasn't mange ! But I've given her several baths now and there are now bumps on top of her head and on her side also.

I was trying to get some better pictures for you but she is a wiggly little sucker. Her head between eyes is very bumpy, like fur over heavy sand. And she is getting little crusty spots on back of neck and between shoulder blades.
    Not like patches but individual little crusties.

Its just hard for me to believe it could be milk burn. I've never had that happen before although having six is a little different lol . I have a ritual of wiping them down after they are full and loving on them till sleepy sets in. The funnest part of cleaning is wiping till they hold their little arms back for ya.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Queenie from:

Linda D. (08-05-2019)