Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Cage Mate - FL

Default Looking for Cage Mate - FL

Hi, I am in Central Florid "Lakeland' and I have a cutie that just opened his eyes and he would love to have a cage mate, a buddy to grow up with and to learn crazy squirrel stuff with...... If anyone comes across another baby squirrel any time soon please let me know. Thx.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Looking for Cage Mate - FL

Oooh she is just precious!! I know Nana3 was getting some babies around this same age this past week. I picked up a 3 weeker that unfortunately didnt make it, but I had reached out to Nana3 before that baby passed to see if she could take her & Judi told me she was getting I think 4 in last week. You can send her a PM or I can text her to see if she would have a baby to go with Sassafrass. They may all be siblings so not sure if she would split them up or not.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

Rhapsody (08-14-2017)

Do you know where Nana3 is located?

Yep - shes in St Pete area, so not crazy far away. I'll text her - shes not on TSB a lot - lots of babies to take care of!

So I texted Nana3....she doesnt have the 4 babies yet...she's getting them next week. But she said crazy4squirrels is full & may have a baby or 2 to pair with Sassafrass. Shes on here regularly, so trying sending her a PM. I only have big girls right now (14 wks & 11 weeks).

Hi, Jennefer! I have a 4 week old that could use a cage mate. https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...p?57907-Peanut

His eyes aren't open yet, but it won't be long. I'm willing to pass him along or to take on another so that he's not alone. I am in Northern Lake county, about an hour, hour and a half away from you. I haven't rehabbed in a few years, but it's all still there. IR and a few others know me pretty well & will vouch for me...I hope.

Let me know if you think getting our babies together would be a good idea. I'm willing to drive half or all the way. Whatever is convenient.

Shanon aka Legomom
    Shanon, Squammy to...

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Legomom:

Jennefer (08-14-2017), Nancy in New York (08-14-2017)

Hi Shanon!! Thanks for reaching out. Its Rhapsody that has Sassafrass & is looking for a younger baby. Shes in lakeland, so even closer to you. I was trying to help her find one. My girls are older. Hopefully Rhapsody will be back online soon & you guys can talk. Or nana3 said crazy4squirrels is full up with babies so she may be able to get you both babies for your babies!!!

Please email me concerning the squirrel at......
    mothernaturesrescue@gmail.com

Just did. ☺
    Shanon, Squammy to...

I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for a cage mate or not, but a rehabber in Altamonte Springs was overloaded with babies of various ages and would likely welcome some help. Her number is 407-260-6137. If you contact her you might mention Nana3 (Judi).

She also HAD a very healthy 7 week old with some teeth issues that may or may not be rectified with consistent trimming. If anyone is interested and able to keep if he is non releaseable please contact her.

Rhapsody & Legomom....I am going to be picking up a new baby tonight...looks to be about 4 weeks old. Not sure yet if its a he or she. Please let me know if either of you are interested in taking him/her as a playmate/sibling for your singletons. I can keep him/her for a few days but cant keep him long term. Have a super busy schedule & 2 teen squees getting ready to go outside. If I dont hear back soon I will PM or email you Rhapsody in case you dont see this! Jenn

Here he is...baby Stevie. Hes in good shape. A bit dehydrated but been on pedialyte 3 feedings & getting it between feedings now. Hes peeing & pooping. Pee is clear. No marks or booboos. Finder found him on sidewalk at a restaurant with no mom. His eyes are still closed but he has bottom teeth & looks like top teeth buds. Good eater. Guessing 4 weeks. And eyes should open any day now. Hes a gem.

Name:  20170822_100117.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  90.9 KBName:  20170822_095947.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  97.3 KB

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

Legomom (08-25-2017), redwuff (08-22-2017)

This matter has been resolved - Thx.

Are either of you able to take Stevie? I cant keep him long term, plus he's a singleton. Rhapsody, between you & legomom, whichever one of you has the 2 babies, are you able to take Stevie on as a 3rd?

I have the two babies. I'll be honest, I really wasn't looking to get back into rehabbing when Peanut fell in my lap. LOL! Now that I have Sassafras, who has been renamed Tigger because he bounces and growls, it's a perfect situation because they're both on the same feeding schedule. Taking on Stevie would throw our schedule off just a little bit as I work days, my son is in college until 1 p.m. and my husband works nights. All that being said, if you absolutely cannot find someone else to take Stevie, I will take him and put in with my two. Depending on where you're located, we could probably make arrangements to meet. Thursday and Friday are not good for me as I have a procedure to get done. No worries, just routine. So it would either have to be Wednesday evening or sometime over the weekend. Let me know how you want to proceed. You can email me at Legomom0701@aol.com.
    Shanon, Squammy to...

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Legomom from:

Jennefer (08-22-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Legomom View Post
    I have the two babies. I'll be honest, I really wasn't looking to get back into rehabbing when Peanut fell in my lap. LOL! Now that I have Sassafras, who has been renamed Tigger because he bounces and growls, it's a perfect situation because they're both on the same feeding schedule. Taking on Stevie would throw our schedule off just a little bit as I work days, my son is in college until 1 p.m. and my husband works nights. All that being said, if you absolutely cannot find someone else to take Stevie, I will take him and put in with my two. Depending on where you're located, we could probably make arrangements to meet. Thursday and Friday are not good for me as I have a procedure to get done. No worries, just routine. So it would either have to be Wednesday evening or sometime over the weekend. Let me know how you want to proceed. You can email me at Legomom0701@aol.com.
    Thanks Legomom! I'll check with Nana3 first as she was supposed to get 4 babies in around Stevies age....when you have 4, whats one more! Yes, im in the same boat as you, work days, have 2 kids in high school & ridiculously crazy with my daughters band schedule. And I dont want Stevie to be a singleton. My 2 girls are about a week or two from going out into the RC so they are too old for him. My husbands friend found Stevie on the sidewalk & didnt know what to do with him, so of course I took him. I can keep him for a week or 2 if need be, just not long term to release. Guessing your guys aren't feeding at night still? Hopefully in an other 2 weeks Stevie wont need an overnight feeding, so maybe that will help. Right now he's every 4 hours! Im in Tampa Bay area, so would totally be able to meet you. Doesnt have to be this week....you focus on your procedure this week! Good luck! If Nana3 cant take him, I'll let ya know & we can meet over the weekend. Im flexible!

Hi legomom! So Delo279 here in pinellas county took Stevie, so you're off the for a 3rd baby! She just got a 6 week old little guy & needed a buddy, so it all worked out! Dropped Stevie off this morning! Thanks so much for offering, i really appreciate it! I'll email you as well in case your not on TSB for a few days!

I would have gladly taken him, but I'm so glad that he's paired up with another single.
    Shanon, Squammy to...

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Legomom from:

Jennefer (08-24-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Legomom View Post
    I would have gladly taken him, but I'm so glad that he's paired up with another single.
    Thanks!!! Im actually missing him something terrible. I dont have to get up at 2am for a feed & as tired as i get, im sad that im not getting up to see his little face. Im in Stevie withdrawls!! .
    Name:  123_1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  89.0 KB

25. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

Legomom (08-24-2017), Nancy in New York (08-24-2017)

Awww! How precious is Stevie?
    I imagine Rhapsody is feeling the same way, but Peanut & Tigger have taken to each other like they've always been together. Love these babies!

Name:  20170820_145521.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  135.3 KB
    Shanon, Squammy to...

27. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Legomom:

Jennefer (08-25-2017), Lighten-Up (09-05-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast