Thread: Feeling desperate.... PLEASE help!

Threaded View

Default Feeling desperate.... PLEASE help!

Hey everyone!!! I am a proud squirrel mommy! I've raised and successfully released 4 squirrels. (I'm pretty new at this.) I've had a soft spot (to say the least) for squirrels since a very young age. I currently have a 7month old little girl named Lilly. From about 2 months old I realized that she was different from the others I had raised. And as she got older it became more apparent that she couldn't "squirrel." Wouldn't build nests, didn't have a lot of jumping power or climbing power. She would hide things in plain site and think they were hidden. Long story short, I took her to the vet for a wellness check, the vet said she was fine and I needed to release her. Against my better judgement I started the process of releasing her. She left, and after 3 days I found her on my roof hobbleing.... my husband got her down and she had paralysis from the waste down. Took her to the vet who said no broken bones, but severe inflammation. Prescribed her Medicam and sent us on our way. It's been 4 days and I see no improvement. They told me to keep her in a small cage so she can't hurt herself. She doesn't want to eat so I have to force feed her. (Baby bird food, vet said it would be best.) I take her out and let her roam my patio a bit so she can play, very gently of course. She's mad, irritated, clicking her teeth, and is slightly aggressive. (Which she's never been to me before) I'm ready to cry, my heart hurts and I feel helpless..... I don't know how she got hurt and I don't know how to fix this... can anyone please give me even the slightest glimmer of hope.... she wants to play, wants to be out and doesn't understand why she can't... will this medicine work? Is it safe? How can I make her happy? Please help!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaurenMKVarner from:

Shewhosweptforest (08-11-2017)