Thread: Zippy, the famous neighborhood skwerl

fainer Guest

Default Zippy, the famous neighborhood skwerl

Hi, I've been accessing the Squirrel Board for a few weeks now, and trying to figure it out. I'm gonna try to use it, because I have so many questions and so many different answers. Vet vs. Henry's Food owner via phone vs. internet vs. common sense!!!:

I acquired this 3 month guy, who fell out of a tree at a week old, was bottle fed, then given to a friend who has a NR male. The NR has been caged for 8 years and was going to be abandoned after 5 (people moving, were going to just release him! Morons). So my friend has had him for 2-3 years.

Onto this newbie. I bought him a large cage to put next to the older guy, (because I fell in love with him, and she didn't have the funds at the time-he was in a dog carrier for about a month) and when I realized he was only getting out an hour or two, I kept going and doing sleepovers. We wanted to soft release him (I followed your rules), but he just ran to my doors and windows. It was ridiculous and comical. He is now 6 months old, and he is completely dependent on people, and I dont care, because I LOVE HIM!!! We know this for sure because he actually did get out 2 weeks ago, and was gone for 4 LOOOOONG days. He had a little red collar on, and by "community awareness flyers and banners", people were saying he is coming to my door, window, even ran up the mailman's pant leg, which he shook off!!! Eventually he was caught by a man cleaning his pool, he ran up to him, and was captured with his pool net, and his daughters were screaming, "THATS ZIPPY".

I waited a week to take him to the vet. wanted him to de-stress. Get back to schedule. Saw Vet Tuesday (2 days ago) who said, congratulations, you now have a new pet. He did a fecal-negative, noted hair loss that we are hoping is just from stress, dehydration, etc. Gave him topical flea/tick control that day.His stools were dry and infrequent for the first few days, and now it is about 8 days.

He has diarrhea now. this morning loose, mucous-y, and now just wet and smeary. It may be from putting him in his cage yesterday outside-he runs around like in a panic, and just wants to get my shoulder. I moved it to an indoor screened porch, and he was calmer.
    How does one clear up diarrhea?

Plus, the big one, Vet wants to neuter him next week.

I'm afraid of whats going to come back to me with that last bit of post.

Thank you for reading my novel. Jenn

Default Re: Zippy, the famous neighborhood skwerl

to TSB!

First things first: Diet. Share with us about what his diet is... everything, do not leave a thing out.

Diarrhea: If we don't see a clue in the diet as to the cause of the diarrhea, we'll take it from there...

NEUTERING: WHY?!?!

3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

lennysmom (08-10-2017), Nancy in New York (08-10-2017), Scott (08-14-2017), stepnstone (08-11-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.