Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New baby stopped feces

Default Lik orphan still very bad.. feces one of 8 feedings, very obvious she is in pain

Baby is simply not doing well. Every feed she cries a 'no it hurts' cry. The only thing that does not upset her is plain water and when she came pedialyte. She's begingihg to get some Tudor at the neck but sometimes they are so 'gummy' at this stage the skin is very easy to wrinklefor a second. I am now wondering if she has a perforation or her stomach lining is damaged. When she's brewing between meals I hear her wimpering. I'm wondering if meloxicam would ease her pain. The only time she's had a bowel movement is once wee am hours and having to take basically a heavy. Ther tummy is soft so I am not sure why there are no regular feces.

Has anyone else had one with these pain issues and if do what was if from? She can't go through agony each meal or live on diluted formula. Could she be unable to process formula due to a tear, allergy to formula? Put a drop of FV on her mouth to see if it appealed to her and same trying to push nipple away and cry.
    Please any help.

Default Re: New baby stopped feces

I'm sure you already know this but I'm just throwing this out.
    Make sure the formula is very warm, some will refuse it, if it's cool,
    the younger ones typically like it very warm.
    Try stimulating before, or during if he refuses to eat sometimes
    they need to be pottied first.
    I would try the goat's milk formula if you're thinking there could be
    an issue with the formula.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    TEMPORARY GOAT'S MILK FORMULA:

3 parts goat’s milk
    1 part heavy whipping cream*
    1 part vanilla yogurt

Formula will last 48 hours in refrigerator.

Goat’s Milk
    This can be purchased at natural food stores such as Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, and at most health food stores that sell groceries. It is a product for humans. Do not substitute commercial formula made for baby goats or other livestock sold at feed stores.

Goat’s milk is available fresh in a carton; evaporated in a can; and as a powdered milk. If you purchase either the evaporated or powdered versions, please blend them with water according to the package directions before using to make the formula.

Heavy Whipping Cream
    This is found in small cartons in the grocery store near the coffee creamers and half and half. Regular heavy cream may be substituted if it is unavailable, but the heavy whipping cream has the highest fat content, and is preferred.

Yogurt
    Yogurt has beneficial bacteria in it that soothes and settles digestion. Full fat yogurt is best, and a good choice that is very widely available is Stoneyfield Yobaby yogurt. However if it is unavailable, a low fat vanilla yogurt may be substituted. Avoid those that have artificial sweeteners in them. Vanilla and banana are both popular flavors, and the sweet taste of the yogurt helps to convince the baby to accept it.

It has been recently discovered that very small pinky squirrels do better with the ESBILAC PUPPY FORMULA, with probiotics, instead of Fox Valley. If the Goat's Milk formula is used, omit the heavy whipping cream for the first two weeks of life.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

SquirrelSense (08-09-2017)

BTW in case anyone is following the Bene-Bac must have kicked in. A good cm strand of granular feces was just extracted!

re the formula, absolutely!! Formula is always constantly checked for warmth. They do hate it cool, and they should. It would be a sick mom with cold milk! Have used this or similar variety of before. I have the feeling the Esbilac may be off. I al about to replace it. I believe that is why she is going better with it diluted. Will use this until then. This is why she goes the days on Bene-Bac. Perhaps the probiotics have lost their value.

thanks!❤️.. so relieved she relieved.. at least some!🙏🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelSense from:

Nancy in New York (08-09-2017)

Default She did it!

Finally > cm of grainy feces. Esbilac probiotics probably off.. had Bene- Bac second time it produced good poo!
    will replace and use formula below till then

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelSense from:

TubeDriver (08-09-2017)

It's too bad Esbilac Puppy Goat Milk does not have pro or probiotics. The formula I have is the Goat, but the Regular Esbilac Puppy w/prep and probiotics is listed as 'skimmed milk'

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

Default Chronic constpation! Probiotics from yogurt, soaks, not helping

Still won't give feces when stimulated. Switched to home formulaall organic even the super duper vanilla goat yoghurt. I dint want her chaffed of so annoyed she hates feedings but 10 min should produce something. She goes in her sleep if at all. Domefinately a Lee monster but her tummy is empty when it's time. No feces though?? Very worrisome 😨

Default On to something! Getting real stool. Not perfect but > right direction😅🐿❤️🙏🏼

So here is what's finally getting real results with lil gummer girl! After days of advise, trials, failed or temp success.

She was only passing intermittently and water was not hydrating properly or
    breaking the sand/cement hard feces.
    Here is what's finally working.
    My homade formula #1 is a variant using:
    3pts organic reg goat milk,
    1 Pt organic heavy whipping
    1 Pt vanilla organic goat yoghurt

Due to her starting to turgor, has been 2/3 plain Pedialyte/homade formula
    each feeding. (Esbilac goat does not add the pro or probiotics.)
    a small (1/4 tsp organic maple syrup added to promote stool)
    (I feel with squirrels the goat yogurt is better than just cow cream more cow in yoghurt) the maple is temp but goat is a bit more tangy and bitter to cow.
    After the first 3 feedings real stool, consistency and color, and real volume. She was beat passing that lovely light brown soft, not runny doody! Will titrate Pedialyte ratio down when she looks 100% hydrated again
    This not perfect. Not every meal yeilds a stool yet, how d she's happy to eat, not pushing away! Amazon messed up our mini nipple order, so Chris's Squirrel's to the rescue! 🙏🏼🕯
    Sincerest thanks to Duckman, Nancy, Tubedriver, Step'nStone, Squirrels and More (Chris) and all I can't think of with hourly striving to keep lil girl alive. She was failing and maybe has a defect or internal injury needing tlc.
    If need be very small dose Prozyme regular or better, plain l-glutamate in formula gill tegular for bowel. The ggft
    sorry my glasses are with the tons of gear and her records, writing on a tiny app on my 20min breaks. Sorry spell check makes that issue worse catching all the errors.

Wull keep you in the loop but hope this helps others in the future. I only wish I hadn't used every last mini nipple last month 🙄 Hope UPS makes the 1 day delivery.
    PS the image insert from computer file has now 'ok' one day chosen to imbed in email at least not from an Phone please see album of 'contipated orphan'
    I was waiting for my shipment of nitrile gloves so no comments please . 🗣

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SquirrelSense from:

TubeDriver (08-14-2017)

Default Happy thriving baby

Beautiful little girl took a full week and many prayers and adjustments to her delicate tummy to have her totally regilar and loving feedings, potty, ablusions, and of course nappy time.
    in this rare incident, mini nipple was easier to insure she was not so anxious she'd gag or aspirate. The probiotics added just before formula is feed keeps them "all Vw" and she loves the homage "formula #1" as I call it with the goat yoghurt.

she has gained 10g in one week, no more pain, contipation or dehydration

This might be the last post for a bit. She's doing shat she should.. nursing and potty, hungry, happy and lets me rest about 40 min after clean up❤️

Thank You ALL

Im tryed to put up the pics and put 2 of the same.. but she's just that cute
    Attached Images Attached Images   

13. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SquirrelSense:

island rehabber (08-14-2017), Jen413 (08-14-2017), Nancy in New York (08-14-2017), TubeDriver (08-14-2017)

She's beautiful -- looks just like my two girls here. Glad she's all straightened out now!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Looks great! Good job getting her on the right track!
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12