Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lethargic injured squirrel

Default Re: Lethargic injured squirrel

Oops! The only needle she placed was GV 20. She thought about another point between the eye and ear--don't know the name. Suggestions?

Default Update

My sweetie continues to improve bit by bit day by day. Tonight she held the syringe with her little hands. She was hungry. Dinner was formula with harlan teklan blocks crushed in it. She likes that better than formula and babyfood. She had a restful day--lot of sleeping/little circling. She has a long way to go but she IS going!

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

Jen413 (08-16-2017), Milo's Mom (08-15-2017), redwuff (08-15-2017)

Default Look what she can do!

https://youtu.be/NKjI3MrXXYQ

She's showing some spunk this morning and EATING! She's been getting her food via pippett. I can give her something with texture that way. This morning I thought I'd try something she can hold in her own hands. Block?--bleeeeh! Avocado?--yuk! Down the list till I thought "what the heck--squirrels love sweet corn and durned if she didn't grab it and start nomming holding that little piece of corn with her own hands. She'd had block and formula mush via pippett so the good stuff was in and she hung onto that piece of corn as I put her back in her cage. She's had her prednisone and been needled--GV20--and had a long drink of water. Oh--she growled at me. Wooooohooooo!

Durn! Upside down. Oh well, you get the gist.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

5. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

DarkLies212 (08-15-2017), Jen413 (08-16-2017), lennysmom (08-15-2017), Mel1959 (08-16-2017), Nancy in New York (08-15-2017), redwuff (08-15-2017)

She is so exciting! Go Luray

Her eyes are so much brighter.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Default Evening update

I took her out of her cage for some water and dinner and right there in the bottom of her cage were (drum roll please) HHB crumbs! My girl is eating on her own. She had some formula and baby food gruel, a good long drink of water and some massages on her sweet body and nite nite Luray. For her snacking pleasure is a piece of butternut squash, a little avocado wedge, and another block. Maybe in the morning they'll be nommed on too!

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

lennysmom (08-15-2017), Mel1959 (08-16-2017), Nancy in New York (08-15-2017)

Default Re: Look what she can do!

Here you go Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post

Durn! Upside down. Oh well, you get the gist.

Oh I'm so excited to read these wonderful updates on Luray! And even nibbling on her HHB! I hope she will continue to improve - she's so blessed to have landed in your care.
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

"Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to lennysmom from:

Mel1959 (08-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Here you go Pat!

THANK YOU NANCY! So far this little girl has been a delight. I hope I can give her her life back. She's relaxing some when I hold her and she does like massages. I bet she's still sore from being hit by that car. She has a sweet little face.

Quote Originally Posted by lennysmom View Post
    Oh I'm so excited to read these wonderful updates on Luray! And even nibbling on her HHB! I hope she will continue to improve - she's so blessed to have landed in your care.
    You and me too Lindsey. Every little accomplishment seems to give her confidence to do something new. I see her busy in her cage sometimes but it's not that frantic circling. She's eating block and that's a big plus. Now if she would master the waterbottle she could eat and drink when she wants to rather than wait for her turn. I kinda think I'm the one that's blessed--no bites--so far!

https://youtu.be/BIsG0pXvLdA
    She eats!she CLIMBS! She's still way too sweet--even if she is less cooperative. Last night my hubby was stopming and banging around while I had my sweet girl in my arms giving her some night night formula and massages. She startled and did a good job of climbing up the door jamb. So how long should I keep her confined? I worry that I haven't seen her drink from the water bottle hanging on her cage. OK so neighborhood trees don't have water bottles hanging in them but that's another milestone. Any suggestions. The finder would like for her to come back to her old neighborhood. I'd like for her to stay out of the road.

Ohohoh--she just chomped an almond!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123