Thread: Confusion on formulas

Default Confusion on formulas

My Eastern Gray (I originally thought them foxes till they got their silver hair on the tails) babies are almost 5 weeks old. They've been doing extremely well on the Esbilac and heavy whipping cream. It's all I have ever used over the years. I thought I would transition over to the FV 20/50. My questions are: Is it beneficial to change the formula even if they're doing well on the Esbilac and when I do get to full FV, do I still need to add the whipping cream? Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Confusion on formulas

Quote Originally Posted by TammyG View Post
    My Eastern Gray (I originally thought them foxes till they got their silver hair on the tails) babies are almost 5 weeks old. They've been doing extremely well on the Esbilac and heavy whipping cream. It's all I have ever used over the years. I thought I would transition over to the FV 20/50. My questions are: Is it beneficial to change the formula even if they're doing well on the Esbilac and when I do get to full FV, do I still need to add the whipping cream? Thank you in advance.
    In my opinion, if they are doing well on the Esbilac, I would continue with it.
    Many rehabbers do.
    However, there are also those that will do a 50/50 combination.
    You're feeding the powdered Esbilac, correct?
    IF you switch over to FV 20/50 I would NOT add the heavy cream
    because the 20/50 has more fat in it.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

stepnstone (08-07-2017)

Default Re: Confusion on formulas

Yes, using the powder. Thank you.