Thread: Peanut Passed Away

johnhenry96 Guest

Unhappy Peanut Passed Away

Hello,
    I am sad to say Peanut has passed away. I went to work Wed morning and my wife stayed with hime. He seemed to be having shallower and shallower breathes. She could not bear to watch so I told her it was OK. I was unable to get home until afernoon and by then he was gone. We built a nice wooden box for his burial, I had my kids place Peanut's favorite things (Peanuts and those helicopter things), I placed a flower and a blessed cross made out a a palm. I dug a grave in our yard behind our Hmelock trees and gently placed the box containg Peanut into his final resting place. We all said a brief prayer, then filled in the whole. Peanut is in peace. I am sad, but I am glad that Peanut has touched our lives. He brought us joy and taught my children an important lesson that every life matters. I tear up thinking about him, he is a part of the rest of my life. Thank you all for your kind words of concern. I will certainly help any aniumal I come across in the future and if it is a squirrel, I know this wonderful family of people in the site will be a great help. Bless you.

Default Re: Peanut Passed Away

I'm sorry too Johnhenry96. It sounded like like the odds were pretty much stacked against little Peanut and that you guys did the best you could for him. Take comfort in the fact that you helped him when he needed it, kept him warm and fed and helped make his final days so much better than what he would have had without you.
    ~ Squerly

TheSquirrelBoard.com

Honesty is chosing to make the right decision...
    Integrity is chosing to make the right decision even when it hurts...

Rest in Peace, Peanut...yes, you found some very good souls to help you cross The Bridge. A very sad but important lesson for your poor kids, too, John. You all sound like a wonderful family. Thanks for caring, and God bless.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

I'm very saddened by your loss of Peanut. At least he was lucky to have found you and your family, and to be loved by some very caring people. Thank you from all of us - for caring.

luvem Guest

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. What a wonderful family to take in and care for peanut. Comforting to know there are people like you out there ready to help God's creatures. Bless you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss of Peanut.
    It sounds as if he was loved very much.

quirlgirl Guest

So sorry to hear about your baby,my heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for everything you did, they touch your heart in ways no one understands unless you have had the chance to have a fur baby in your life. Thinking of all of you, Sharon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.