Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: poop problem

Default Re: poop problem

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice40 View Post
    Still no poop from Amelia. She also didn't act as interested in her formula as she has been. I've given her apple juice with her milk twice now and worked with her dipping her lower half in Luke warm water. I was able to get about 4 pieces not even the size of uncooked white rice from her but that has been it since this started. They were all yellow and about like play doh not quite as soft though. I have to go to Pensacola this morn so if anyone sees this and has any ideas on what to try please reply. I should be able to find most anything I need while I'm there. We live a ways away from pretty much anything so it would be nice to grab what ever I need while I'm there. If not I'll just make another trip. Thanks for any suggestions.

Yellow poop that is well formed is actually perfect for babies on formula. On their mamma's milk they have blackish green poop, but on formula it's yellow to olive in color. Yours are very young and small and I would not expect a great deal of poop from them yet. Just saying, basically, take a deep breath mamma, it may be ok.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Default Re: poop problem

She finally started pooping at their 2:00 feeding. It wasnt a lot but it was enough to make me happy. On the next feeding though while I was feeding her she pooped without any stimulation from me. When I went to refill the syringe with formula I noticed that she had pooped a little on the palm of my hand where she was setting. Well needless to say I got excited and stopped feeding her and started stimulating her. She pooped like her sister does that time which is a pretty good bit. Both times all of it was yellow and had a nice firm texture to it. I was expecting to see some that was hard as a rock and dark looking but none of it was even close to that. So Im thinking maybe you are right and I need to stop worring so bad. Its just her sister poops really good so I figure she should also. Plus every thing Iv read on the internet says that its critical that you stimulate them every feeding (which I do) and that they use the bathroom. It seems like everything I read warns about the dangers of bloating. Then her sister poops like a horse and when she doesnt I cant help but worry. She is so petite looking compared to her sister and I just worry. Iv never tried to take care of anything as small as they are.
    I was able to get several 1cc syringes today. Their feedings have gone a lot smoother using the 1cc. Im just going to stick to the same process Iv been following other than adding a little extra time rubbing their bellys with the cotton balls. Im also keeping a very detailed chart of their feedings and bathroom business. Im going to give Amelia a little more time inbetween poopings before I get so worried. If theres anything you see from what Iv wrote that I need to change just let me know. And thanks again to everyone that has helped lead me in the right direction with taking care of both these little girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12