Hello,
I,m new here...not sure how this works. I rescued a male fox squirrel in March...I estimate his age was 5 weeks...his mother and siblings were shot by a neighbor for being nuisances. I syringe fed him...he weened himself...he is a very good eater : he is on rodent block,Henrys squares,little fruit...lots of veggies...a few seeds and or small nuts. He weighs 740g very shiny healthy coat and eyes. he is in a very large cat cage with 4 levels and hammocks 6 ft tall....he has lots of hanging hard wood toys and blocks and rocks. he is let out several times a day to play and hang out. He is scared if i walk outside with him on my shoulder. lately he seems more restless in cage....pacing! and this past week when he comes out of cage to play...he seems to be restless...looking at windows and getting into everything...he used to be content with playing with me. im very concerned that he might need to be set free at proper time as he might not be content with being a house squirrel. I want to do whats best for him and I want him to be happy...im willing to do whats necessary. hes still playful and sweet but the longer hes out of cage...then hes looking for action. I live in California in the Bay Area...Walnut Creek. Does anyone know a rehabber who might be willing to work with me ? Show me what to do? Im not willing to euthanize him(no way!) I love him dearly! His name is Chewy! also...If anyone knows of a Exotic Vet that would treat him in an emergency here in East Bay area California? Just in case. PLEASE no scolding or criticism! I welcome any help or advise.