Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hammy doesn't feel well

Default Re: Hammy doesn't feel well

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHam View Post
    Milk thistle detoxed my dog and she recovered from toxins built in her liver from her kidneys. My vet said she was going into renal failure and she had cirrhosis. She made a complete turn around. No more subcutaneous fluids or meds. I think she got into something toxic or poisonous. Don't think it was natural. She has less seizure type episodes and she eats good and isgaini h her weight back .
    I love hearing testimonies as to the wonderful healing properties of alterantive natural sources like MTS, that work so well.

I found a list of Vets in your State that practice a combination of conventional and holistic (intergral) veterinary medicine,

using approaches that works together toward restoring and maintaining health of pets.

Please contact me by PM to let me and let me know what region of your State you are located in; (please NOT your city or exact location).

(Northeast, North central, Northwest, Central west, Central, Central east. Southwest, South central, Southeast)

so I can better assist you to locate a veterinary near you.

I think you might try the Benedryl again, but give it to him in a triple split dose in the squash.

feeding him (1 Tsp.) of the Squash three times a day, with a small measure of the coconut cream (1/32 Tsp. to 1/16 Tsp.) as his bowels will tolerate.

Perhaps then you can get it in him that way.

Search for a holistic Vet website: http://www.inyourarea.net/local2/21218/

Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    I love hearing testimonies as to the wonderful healing properties of alterantive natural sources like MTS, that work so well.

I found a list of Vets in your State that practice a combination of conventional and holistic (intergral) veterinary medicine,

using approaches that works together toward restoring and maintaining health of pets.

Please contact me by PM to let me and let me know what region of your State you are located in; (please NOT your city or exact location).

(Northeast, North central, Northwest, Central west, Central, Central east. Southwest, South central, Southeast)

so I can better assist you to locate a veterinary near you.

OR / use this locator website to find a Vet near you:

http://www.inyourarea.net/local2/21218/

I sent you a PM BH. Hopefully it will help.

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

Thank you! I'm having a time typing and messaging today. No itermet service and I'm doing all this on my tiny I phone.🙄 I'll be glad when I get my lap top. Hammy is doing a little better. Acting more himself and eating, drinking medicine water (cranberry and a little milk thistle) and peeing and pooping. Not scratching as much.

7. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to BamaHam:

island rehabber (07-15-2017), Jen413 (07-15-2017), Mel1959 (07-16-2017)

OR / use this locator website to find a Vet near you:

http://www.inyourarea.net/local2/21218/
    Thank you for this info. I myself do natural healing first. I don't use pain medicine or drugs only ibuprofen. Even then not as much. I recovered from leaky gut syndrome by self healing. Took me almost a year before I could eat normal again like gluten. I have a chiropractor friend who gives me his remedies first. Don't trust doctors as much because they are not taught healing by nutrition. I watch Dr Oz and learned so much over the years. His show educated me about calcium intake and I used his information to help Hammy recover from MBD when he was a baby. I'm a tru believer of self healing.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BamaHam from:

island rehabber (07-21-2017)

I hate to be the voice of disent, but for what it's worth, my Vet told me ibuprofin should not be used for a squirrel,

but Metacam Rx for less than severe pain, and then only short term at that.

Ibuprofin is hard on the stomach, and can be hard on the kidneys to make them worse if their function is presently impaired.

I hate to be the voice of disent, but for what it's worth, my Vet told me ibuprofin should not be used for a squirrel,

but Metacam Rx for less than severe pain, and then only short term at that.

Ibuprofin is hard on the stomach, and can be hard on the kidneys to make them worse if their function is presently impaired.
    Sorry you misunderstood me. I was referring to myself using ibuprofen. I don't use this or any pain medicine on my animals unless vet said. Benadryl is only medicine I have ever used on Hammy when he had an allergic reaction once. He's doing so much better. Still scratching some and not sleeping as much. He let me get squirrel kisses this morning. Good sign. I thought I saw a spot on his hind cheek and it kind of looked like a bite like an ant or maybe spider. He won't let me get a good look but I wonder if that's what happened. Going to kill every bug around his cage and take precautions. Still not sure. I'm just glad he's doing better.

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BamaHam from:

Mel1959 (07-16-2017)

Sorry about that BamaHam, it appears I didnt read the next line.

Update on Hammy. He's doing a lot better. Today he rolled around on the floor and played with his duckie so he feels better. I'm taking my dog to a new vet to have her checked out and meet him. I'll talk to him and see if he can be future help. He's only 20-25 minutes from my house and I heard he was wonderful. He has a partner as well. Wish me luck.

Hi Bama Ham There is a product on the market that supports with soil based organisms for pets. Save for one I counted, these are not the same sources you find in the dairy bacteria products, but what is noted that pets have naturally in their gut. When antibiotics are used these good gut bacteria are what needs to be replace it, that offer protection from bad bacteria sources. JUst made sure the product has no flavors included as the ones out are geared to dogs and cats. There is a source for humans that has been used for a squirrel, same stuff, no flavors for sure, I know I tasted it, and it tastes like soil.

As for parasites that is another issue. (see my thread on Pycnogenol)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHam View Post
    Update on Hammy. He's doing a lot better. Today he rolled around on the floor and played with his duckie so he feels better. I'm taking my dog to a new vet to have her checked out and meet him. I'll talk to him and see if he can be future help. He's only 20-25 minutes from my house and I heard he was wonderful. He has a partner as well. Wish me luck.
    Be careful! Say you are inquiring for a friend. Sometimes this can lead to confiscation of the squirrel because of state laws.
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to JLM27 from:

Mel1959 (07-20-2017)

Update: Hammy is doing better. He's building up his strentgh and eating, drinking , pooping, and peeing a lot. He has a sore underneath backside of his hind leg. That's why he acts like he can't stretch his leg is because it hurts. He stretching more but has trouble. I still don't know if it was a spider bite. Either way I still gave him milk thistle, cranberry, and squeezed a little lemon in his water. He,s getting all natural remedies. I feed him baked butternut squash mixed with coconut oil and olive oil. And lucky for him he's had a grasshopper the past 3 nights. Good protein. As for my new vet, he's a country doctor and very nice. I told him I raise and release orphaned baby squirrels and I had a nonreleasble. I asked him if he treated squirrels and he nodded yes and in s low voice he said 'I'm not suppose to but I do. I treat any animal that comes in. Then he asked if he was a biter. '. He said ' squirrels make good pets. And I looked at him funny and said it depends who you ask and if you like your furniture chewed up. He laughed and said he was being silly. He was very helpful with my dog and I really liked him. So now I have a vet! Yea!!!

19. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to BamaHam:

island rehabber (07-21-2017), Jen413 (07-21-2017), lukaslolamaus (07-21-2017)

Such a good update, BamaHam!
    And I think those are the five greatest words a squirrel mamma can ever hope to say: Now I Have a Vet
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

That is FANTASTIC!!! I know how hard they are to come by!

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

So glad for you and Hammy that this has worked out finding a vet.

Hoping for a full recovery!

How is Hammy doing, i was thinking of him tonight?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123