Thread: In search of young squirrels, to rehab or give forever home

Default In search of young squirrels, to rehab or give forever home

Hi everyone!! I currently have a juvenile gray squirrel who is NR, and caring for him inspired me to want to get my wildlife rehabilitation license, so I'll be taking the test in August... If ANY rehabbers in NY (particularly Long Island) need help rehabbing babies, juveniles, or even adults, I'm available 24/7!! Or if u have a non-releasable, I would be happy to give him/her a forever home, and give my Snickers a friend he could play with!! I have plenty of space, time, and energy-- I only leave my house for about an hour or two everyday to go to my clinic, and then I'm home the rest of the day, so I've got plenty of time to feed nursing babies, or care for sick or injured juveniles, etc... My house is "squirrel & chipmunk proof", since my husband works in construction, and after Snickers came to us, I had him cover all wires/cords, heating vents, close and block all small spaces,and put double screens on the windows... We are prepared as far as food and supplies, including cages, food, formula, etc... Also have plenty of toys, hammocks, nest boxes, and a 72" cat tree to climb on!! Feel free to send me a private msg if u want, or respond to me here 😊😊 Looking forward to helping as many fur babies as possible!! Can rehab & release, or commit to caring for a NR...
    <font size=5> <span style=font-family: Century Gothic>  

***Newly Licensed NY State Wildlife Rehabilitator***

~*The fur baby who started it all, Snickers*~ ♡♡ Who knew the pitter patter of tiny feet would be from a squirrel? :rofl  ~*No me importa cuanto tu crece, siempre te vas ser mi bambino*~ ♡♡  Not all those who wander are lost...  </span> </font>

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Phoxy8947:

DarkLies212 (06-25-2017), Delo729 (06-27-2017), kdhith (06-27-2017), Lighten-Up (06-26-2017), lukaslolamaus (06-25-2017), Mel1959 (06-26-2017), Nancy in New York (06-25-2017)

Default Re: In search of young squirrels, to rehab or give forever home

Quote Originally Posted by Phoxy8947 View Post
    Hi everyone!! I currently have a juvenile gray squirrel who is NR, and caring for him inspired me to want to get my wildlife rehabilitation license, so I'll be taking the test in August... If ANY rehabbers in NY (particularly Long Island) need help rehabbing babies, juveniles, or even adults, I'm available 24/7!! Or if u have a non-releasable, I would be happy to give him/her a forever home, and give my Snickers a friend he could play with!! I have plenty of space, time, and energy-- I only leave my house for about an hour or two everyday to go to my clinic, and then I'm home the rest of the day, so I've got plenty of time to feed nursing babies, or care for sick or injured juveniles, etc... My house is "squirrel & chipmunk proof", since my husband works in construction, and after Snickers came to us, I had him cover all wires/cords, heating vents, close and block all small spaces,and put double screens on the windows... We are prepared as far as food and supplies, including cages, food, formula, etc... Also have plenty of toys, hammocks, nest boxes, and a 72" cat tree to climb on!! Feel free to send me a private msg if u want, or respond to me here 😊😊 Looking forward to helping as many fur babies as possible!! Can rehab & release, or commit to caring for a NR...
    This appears to be a very extreme case of Squirrel Magic having run its course....

Bless you!

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

cava (06-27-2017), Phoxy8947 (06-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighten-Up View Post
    This appears to be a very extreme case of Squirrel Magic having run its course....

Bless you!
    "Squirrel magic"? Lol as in falling in love with them and getting hooked after caring for one?

~*The fur baby who started it all, Snickers*~ ♡♡ Who knew the pitter patter of tiny feet would be from a squirrel? :rofl  ~*No me importa cuanto tu crece, siempre te vas ser mi bambino*~ ♡♡  Not all those who wander are lost...  </span> </font>

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Phoxy8947 from:

Nancy in New York (06-26-2017)

"Squirrel magic"? Lol as in falling in love with them and getting hooked after caring for one?
    YES, exactly... :-)

You made my morning, thank you. And I wish you well on your journey!
    It happened to me too, I was very unsuspecting.... I had not a clue of the existence, nor power of Squirel Magic...until after it had done it's work...

8. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

cava (06-27-2017), Mel1959 (06-26-2017), Nancy in New York (06-26-2017), Phoxy8947 (06-26-2017)

YES, exactly... :-)

You made my morning, thank you. And I wish you well on your journey!
    It happened to me too, I was very unsuspecting.... I had not a clue of the existence, nor power of Squirel Magic...until after it had done it's work...
    😅 LOL yes, they do have a certain charm about them that makes u fall in love with them!! My husband's been complaining the past few weeks that the squirrel has more stuff than he does!! 😅😅 He told me I need to take a break buying stuff for the fur babies, becuz I spent about $700-$800 in the past 2-3 months on all the stuff for Snickers alone, plus another $200-$300 In the past few weeks, preparing for the baby chipmunks that are coming in July 😅😅 Thankfully, he also loves animals, so I know he really doesn't mind

😅 LOL yes, they do have a certain charm about them that makes u fall in love with them!! My husband's been complaining the past few weeks that the squirrel has more stuff than he does!! 😅😅 He told me I need to take a break buying stuff for the fur babies, becuz I spent about $700-$800 in the past 2-3 months on all the stuff for Snickers alone, plus another $200-$300 In the past few weeks, preparing for the baby chipmunks that are coming in July 😅😅 Thankfully, he also loves animals, so I know he really doesn't mind
    Laughing....

My husband feels very similar. He tells everyone that our budget has a special category all it's own - for Nuts. To him, this is inconceivable.

He does love animals...thankfully, but he also wonders at it all. And he has seriously considered starting an online support group for spouses who must live with the affects of their other half gone squirrel-nut-bonkers....

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

cava (06-27-2017), Phoxy8947 (06-26-2017)

Laughing....

My husband feels very similar. He tells everyone that our budget has a special category all it's own - for Nuts. To him, this is inconceivable.

He does love animals...thankfully, but he also wonders at it all. And he has seriously considered starting an online support group for spouses who must live with the affects of their other half gone squirrel-nut-bonkers....
    😅😅 Well if he ever starts that support group, I'm sure my husband will be a part of it... 😊😊 Thankfully they tolerate our craziness, and obsession with these little fuzz butts... My husband complains, but at the same time, he was the one who brought Snickers, and the Chipmunk home!! He tried to sneak her into one of the cages while I was washing dishes 😅😅

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Phoxy8947:

cava (06-27-2017), Lighten-Up (06-26-2017)

This is amazing. I will def keep you in mind if I need someone up your way.

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Delo729 from:

Phoxy8947 (06-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Delo729 View Post
    This is amazing. I will def keep you in mind if I need someone up your way.

Thanks so much!! I'm only applying for a wildlife rehabilitation license-- So no RVS, marine mammals, or migratory birds-- but I do have plenty of experience with certain birds, such as pigeons (My uncle races them, so I grew up with them, having a pigeon coop in the backyard)... Also kept chickens and ducks... I can clip wings, put bands on legs, etc-- And my husband works in construction, so he can build me any kind of cage I need/want 😊😊 He's got every tool imaginable, and access to plenty of different materials he can bring home from his job... We have an acre of land on the North Fork, so plenty of space for outdoor cages, or we can keep indoor cages inside the house.

Oops-- I can't figure out how to edit my last post-- but I just want to clarify that when I wrote that I can clip wings and band legs, I didn't mean that I plan on banding and clipping wings of rehab animals... I was just letting everyone know that I have experience doing certain things... lol that's all

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Phoxy8947 from:

cava (06-27-2017)