Thread: Squirrel Babysitter

Exclamation Squirrel Babysitter

Am I being overprotective or just plain... squirrely? I have to go away for a weekend soon. I can't take my two 10 week old babies with me. So far, I have taken these guys with me when I travel (Toronto wedding and camping last weekend!).
    I have a friend who's offered to look after them for me... at her house... with a dog, and three young, active boys. I am so touched that she is willing to take them... but I'm feeling anxious about it. I'd rather have someone come here to my home and look after them.

Am I crazy for thinking like this? lol
    Will they be alright with the sudden change of environment and strange people, animal and noise? I live alone with a dog and cat...out of town, few neighbours... peaceful.
    Help!!!

Default Re: Squirrel Babysitter

NOPE...I couldn't do it either. I think you should get someone to come over twice a day to feed and water and leave them in peace v. kids and dogs and your constant worry that they are stressed.

Whatever you do, good luck.

3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

lennysmom (06-12-2017), Nancy in New York (06-12-2017), rangergirl (06-12-2017), redwuff (06-13-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    NOPE...I couldn't do it either. I think you should get someone to come over twice a day to feed and water and leave them in peace v. kids and dogs and your constant worry that they are stressed.

Whatever you do, good luck.

I totally agree. This would NOT be a good environment for your little ones.
    Who know what these 3 active boys will do if they get curious. They may accidentally leave
    the cage door open, or who knows what.
    10 week old squirrels will and do bite. God forbid one of the kids gets bitten.
    Also at 10 weeks, they are very leery of strangers, and easily freak out. They are better off in their own
    surroundings.

5. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Anne (06-13-2017), cava (06-12-2017), lennysmom (06-12-2017), rangergirl (06-12-2017)

Thanks to both of you, Cava and Nancy in New York. I think I just needed to hear someone say it! In my heart, I think they'd be happier in their own little space here at home.

7. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to rangergirl:

Anne (06-13-2017), cava (06-13-2017), Mel1959 (06-13-2017), Nancy in New York (06-12-2017), Roxi's mom (06-13-2017)