Thread: Saggy belly and still puffy after season

Default Saggy belly and still puffy after season

Hi my squirrel girl had her season, got all broody and nesting for a while after making stashes and as last time she got swollen mammaries, she's been losing the excess now apart from her lower ones which seem saggy and she seems to have a saggy belly (sorry for description), she's happy and running round, eating well, it's not sore to touch or red, she lets me tickle and rub her belly, there's no hard lumps or mass it's all soft, it's not huge but droops down as she runs around, it doesn't seem to bother her but I'm just a bit worried invade its mastitis or something but I think she would be in pain with that? She's nearly 3 and with each season gains weight then looses it etc, before a season she gets really skinny running around and trying to stash them nest build, could this be excess skin from weight loss and gain? -then any weight she puts on goes to the tummy area? Has anyone else's girl squirrel hit this? I'm trying not to worry here-but I do! She still loves her tummy tickled and lets me feel all round and squeeze it so I'm pretty sure she's not hurting, she lets me tickle her for hours! If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Xx

Default Re: Saggy belly and still puffy after season

Try posting a pic just to be on the safe side but she's prob. o.k. they get a pooch just like us LOL! Hormones along with not working out as much etc... she just getting her curvy woman squirrel figure now that she is becoming more "mature".

I'll try to upload a pic but you can't really see from the ones I've got as she's laying on her back having her tum tickled! I was thinking the same that she's just getting curvy as she had the same last year just not so saggy as she walks lol she has a bad time with seasons as each one she seems to have a false pregnancy bless her, she gets very active storing and moving nuts around her cage and nest making then sits in the nest for long periods of time and her excersise drops low for a few weeks and her boobs swell up (sorry again for description) then she gradually gets back to normal like she is running around now seems fine- I do worry over her diet over this time though as her eating changes and she goes off foods and her tail hair thins-I'm being strict with diet again to make her eat her blocks and veg but other than that she's happy(she's a non releaseable due to blind in one eye and balance issues, I've had her since a baby she feel out of the tree in front of me, I'm in uk so she's very illegal) thankyou for replying, do you have a girl squirrel? X

Name:  IMG_6114.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  107.2 KB

She is pretty and so precious! Yes I have one that will be 5 this year. She has a pooch too. And same story - she fell out of a tree and had head trauma, broken front leg and severely broken back leg/foot, balance issues and would not release. We tried 3 different times and she friended out cat out side and came back into the house through the cat door. We see now as she has gotten older she is small compared to the others in our yard and does not have the jump/balance skills needed to be successful outside. We like to think she is happy with her cush life and made the choice to be NR. She also has a two sisters. One who will be 3 this year who was hawk caught and chewed off her broken leg before I got to her and one who is docile and has vision issues. I was discussing with another rehabber the other day the issue of spaying but there seems to be varied info out there on the matter. I plan on researching a little more on the matter because I do want what's best for the girls but the thought of elective surgery with them so small just scares me to death.

BTW she looks pretty normal to me. Just getting them womanly curves

Thankyou! Yes she's my little angel x wow they must keep you busy! They all sound lovely xxx yes I don't think I'd put her through an op like that but feel sorry for her with the false pregnancies, she seems so stressed leading up to it with the nesting and hiding and moving nuts, there's no option for surgery here no vets will treat her unless a pts which is ridiculous. Thankyou for your advice, yes I'm thinking more it's just flab basically! Xx