Thread: 9 WEEK OLD SQUIRREL NOT MOVING

PM23109 Guest

Default 9 WEEK OLD SQUIRREL NOT MOVING

my dad and i found a squirrel about 4 days ago on the floor in our garage when we fixed our roof a week ago and her family left but I guess she was stuck in there and fell out at some point. She is very skinny and we have been giving her formula and some fruits and she has been doing perfectly fine - playing, jumping around. My sister visited today with her idiotic boyfriend I told them DO NOT TOUCH THE SQUIRREL. I left to go to work and she tells me that he picked up the squirrel and she bit him (suprised?) and he threw her against the WALL. They said she was fine when they were still there but when i got home she didn't move around much. She tried to eat a raspberry but couldn't. Then she was crawling on her side and now shes not moving at all, shes still breathing and somewhat blinking. She was doing so well before they came please we were going to be releasing her back in 2 days I don't want her to die when she had a second chance.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to PM23109 from:

Cubby (05-27-2017)

Default Re: 9 WEEK OLD SQUIRREL NOT MOVING

Hi, thank you for looking out for this little one. Keep checking back, the boards can be quiet at this time but there will be more people around in a while so hopefully someone will be able to help. Is there any way you can post a short video clip of her so perhaps the experts might have some idea of how she's moving? She could be in shock from being thrown, or she could have suffered a breakage.

That dumb boyfriend needs a severe talking-to, what an idiot!

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Cubby from:

redwuff (05-27-2017)

This board can be SO emotionally exhausting with grief,
    I can't comment yet, without getting banned.

God help these little innocent lives.
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 05-27-2017 at 06:51 AM.

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

Grinderhead (05-27-2017), redwuff (05-27-2017), UDoWhat (05-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    This board can be SO emotionally exhausting with grief, I can't comment yet,
    without getting banned.
    God help these little innocent lives.
    This is so heart breaking. Poor little precious baby I pray God took this baby from this miserable situation. She did nothing wrong. This ignorant bully should be arrested for cruelty. Please get your sister away from this monster. If he will kill a baby squirrel so callously, what chance does your sister have? This is a dangerous man.

I'm not sure I can deal with the grief either. It is too hard. How very, very, sad.

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to UDoWhat:

Grinderhead (05-27-2017), Nancy in New York (05-27-2017), redwuff (05-27-2017)

Is the person who posted originally not able to post anymore? I notice it now says 'guest' under their name? I was hoping perhaps it wasn't a hard throw and there may have been some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is the person who posted originally not able to post anymore? I notice it now says 'guest' under their name? I was hoping perhaps it wasn't a hard throw and there may have been some hope.
    She was able to post in the emergecny forum as a guest.
    I went to put her on so she has full access, and I don't see her
    waiting.
    Did it say member before?

Oh thanks Nancy, I forgot you can post in 'emergency' as a guest...I was sure it said junior member before, but I may be wrong. The main reason I posted earlier was to encourage them to check back regularly, I'm often up and (half) awake when you guys are still getting some well-deserved sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Oh thanks Nancy, I forgot you can post in 'emergency' as a guest...I was sure it said junior member before, but I may be wrong. The main reason I posted earlier was to encourage them to check back regularly, I'm often up and (half) awake when you guys are still getting some well-deserved sleep.
    I hope she wasn't accidentally deleted.

PM23109 You can read these posts even if you aren't a member.
    Reregister again, in case there was a glitch.
    I will keep watching for you to give you full access.

Thank you Cubby!

I'm glad I did not see that hideous post last night or I would have lost another night's sleep because of human evil and ignorance......seems like it's every day these days.

Strange that this person is "gone" -- I sure didn't delete it and it's a mystery to me.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if these are trolls, trying to upset and infuriate us for fun. Other times it hits me that no, they are not trolls.....there truly are such evil ones in this world.

EDIT: just went in thru the Admin panel. This person does not appear in "Registrations past 24 hours", Pending Registration, or anywhere as any type of Member. I cannot find the screen name at all. Very very strange....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

UDoWhat (05-27-2017)

I too wondered even 2 weeks ago if these people weren't trolls here to kill our love and enthusiasm for our dear squirrels. This is so mean and cruel.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.