Thread: CHIPMUNK INJURY HELP!!!

jrrynoe Guest

Default CHIPMUNK INJURY HELP!!!

So I found an adult chipmunk in our garage this morning that I thought was dead, but it turned out to be moving and alive. I gave it some nuts and apples and it ate the apples. I think its been in there since last night and whenever it runs it runs in circles. Also its head is tilted sides ways and I think it probably got hit in the neck by something.
    My question is about what to do next. I put him in a box so that he didn't run around and get hurt and I also put some food, water, and paper in there. My dad said that it had a stroke and that we should put it out of its misery with euthanasia. What should I do?

Default Re: CHIPMUNK INJURY HELP!!!

Thankyou for caring for this chippie. He has had some sort of head injury. I have no idea if he can recover or not. You might keep him warm, safe and quite see what happens. He can eat anything a squirrel can. They definitely can bite so be careful. Provide a water source.

3. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

gunpackingrandma (05-24-2017), lennysmom (05-19-2017), Mel1959 (05-19-2017), SammysMom (05-19-2017), UDoWhat (05-23-2017)

jrrynoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Thankyou for caring for this chippie. He has had some sort of head injury. I have no idea if he can recover or not. You might keep him warm, safe and quite see what happens. He can eat anything a squirrel can. They definitely can bite so be careful. Provide a water source.
    Thanks, it's gotten better and is now pretty jumpy. It made a cave out of newspaper so I think it's healthy. However, it's head will permanently be tilted so I'm not sure if we can release it. What kind of enclosure should we keep it in since I read that chipmunks have burrows in the wild?

jrrynoe Guest

Never mind I just found out it escaped the box somehow. The garage door was open so it got out. Hope its okay.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.