Thread: Southern Flyer bloody stool

dfcest2006 Guest

Default Southern Flyer bloody stool

We have a flyer that is 9 months old. He has been very healthy and we have not noticed any abnormal behavior... This evening my daughter picked him up and bloody stool was on his bottom. I do not have a sample to show. It was very loose and and yet still formed like a normal poo. He did have a slight fall the other day my 5 yo came in the living room not knowing Dude (the squirrel's name) was in there. Dude jumped on him and he instinctively knocked him down. Dude did not seem to be bothered and went on as normal... My daughter did inform me that she gave him greek vanilla with honey yogurt. and this is not part of his normal diet... normal diet is henry's hi protein blocks, cottage cheese and fruits veggies although all he ever wants is his blocks and cottage cheese. we have started catching beetles and he loves them..... any thoughts on what could be causing bloody stools? Any thoughts on a vet in the central florida area that could deal with a flyer? How on earth would a vet deal with or treat a flyer?

Default Re: Southern Flyer bloody stool

I wonder if the beetles could be causing this. That hard exoskeleton might be cutting his GI tract. That's just a thought. I know that they would eat beetles if they were living outside so I don't know if this could be a factor. To rule it out I would not feed beetles for a while and see if it clears up. Try WaxWorms. My boys really love WaxWorms. The Greek yogurt wouldn't have anything to do with this. A lot of flyers eat yogurt.

As far as a vet, what county are you in? We might be able to help you with that.

Parasites from beetles?? Maybe have a fecal done?

dfcest2006 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I wonder if the beetles could be causing this. That hard exoskeleton might be cutting his GI tract. That's just a thought. I know that they would eat beetles if they were living outside so I don't know if this could be a factor. To rule it out I would not feed beetles for a while and see if it clears up. Try WaxWorms. My boys really love WaxWorms. The Greek yogurt wouldn't have anything to do with this. A lot of flyers eat yogurt.

As far as a vet, what county are you in? We might be able to help you with that.
    We are in North Plant City. We are Hillsborough County near the Polk and Pasco County lines. I don't mind a drive to get established with a vet that has flyer knowledge.
    We decided not to do beetles for a while thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dfcest2006 View Post
    We are in North Plant City. We are Hillsborough County near the Polk and Pasco County lines. I don't mind a drive to get established with a vet that has flyer knowledge.
    We decided not to do beetles for a while thanks.
    Let me know if the blood clears up without the beetles.
    You are in the same county that I live in. I'm probably 12 miles from you.
    I'll send you a Private Message with vet information.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.