Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flyer having seizures

Default Re: Flyer having seizures

Dog....not fog!! Lol

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-14-2017)

We think it's more a congenital thing. They are only allowed in my shirt or in their cage. Cage is cleaned once a week minimum. I wear deodorant, but no perfume or makeup. If it was an infection or parasite, wouldn't her brother have it too and be showing symptoms of something wrong? Or can it somehow just affect her? They are 10 and a half months old. I don't know if that is still considered juvenile. Every time she seizes, we use molasses. I don't technically know if it pulls her out of it any faster. When she had the first seizure that I recognized was a seizure that night, would have been her 2nd one of the night, I went to give her molasses and she lunged. She almost got away and she bit the finger next to the one that had molasses on it. Her mouth hardly touched the molasses, but it did smear it on my finger a little. I still don't think it was enough to stop the seizure. It was mostly on her fur. But I called Duckman who only lives a few blocks from me, I rushed as fast as possible and by the time I left my house she had already stopped convulsing. By the time I got her there, she was out of the seizure, but still acting a little off. But then she seized multiple times after and even though we gave her molasses, it still lasted about the same amount of time in my opinion. Still going to continue with molasses any time she has one though.

BCchins
    Yours seem more like questions for HRT4SQRLS, so I'll wait for a reply, but I like the ideas.

Also, thank you for the pics of the dog and cat treats!

If anyone can give any tips on how to make Tizzy gain some weight after seizures, that would be amazing! This poor girl does not have any weight to lose, and I suppose that it is probably to be expected, but she has no appetite for 1 to 3 days after seizures. It depends on how rough they are on her. I'm going to offer formula again tonight as I did last night. She only ate a little over 2 cc's, but that's better than nothing. They aren't eating the avocado as much as they used to. They like it not quite as ripe, a little harder, which I have been offering, but no luck. I have to wait until tomorrow when I can go to the bank to order the Henry's picky eater blocks. I have to find something to help her gain some weight back. Formula might be my best bet for now.

The henrys ultraboost is the best for weight gain. My guys are fat & plump. Its mixed into their formula. Im not sure where you are located but i am in florida. If you feel comfortable giving me your address i will mail/fed ex some to you tomorrow for you to try. A big bag is expensive & a little goes a long way. I just opened the bag in April. Whatever scoop you use to measure the dry formula, you do 3/4 formula powder & 1/4 ultraboost and 2 scoops (equal parts water) hot water...mix well.

Heres pic of bag & Zena my 12 week old flyer (her hanging on side of container was when i got her 3 weeks ago & one on top of cage was a few days ago). Shes been on ultraboost for 3 weeks. Made a big difference b/c she was on skinny side when i got her. Also...dont post ur address, private message me...if ur okay doing that. Hrt4sqrls can vouch for me!!

Name:  20170514_211440.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  66.4 KBName:  20170507_210512.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  72.5 KBName:  20170420_205956.jpg
Size:  36.8 KB

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-14-2017)

Let me check and see if Duckman or one of the other volunteers has some ultraboost first that way I can save you the trouble. I'm all the way over in Vancouver, WA. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out one way or the other. And thank you for the offer! It means a lot to me and Tizzy both!

Absolutely!! You got it! I'll be up tonight for awhile & i always check TSB first thing in morning. Let me know what u find out! Gotta get that girl right!

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-14-2017)

I really appreciate the help! You have no idea! I just don't want you to send any of I have it available here. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to bratann617 from:

Jennefer (05-14-2017)

Oh! And Zena is absolutely adorable! Here is a pic of Tizzy and her brother Stitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And their Big Sister Eastern Gray Peggy Sue!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've another volunteer here who can lend me some until our rehabber orders some more. Thank you!

Ok good! UB really works wonders! You are most welcome for the offer! Flyers have a special place in my heart & anythg i can do to help i will!! Tizzy & Stitch are precious! Not thinking Stitch needs ultraboost...hes a chunk like my guys! Since you are in WA, are they Northern Flyers? Color looks little diff from my guys who are Southern Flyers.

And that lil Peggy Sue...omg with her little harness...what a cutie!! Love it!

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-14-2017)

Heres the Quads...4 of the 5 of my other guys...they are 7 mons old now. These guys are all siblings. Had them since a month old. They are out in release cage now & doing great!
    Name:  20170322_191008.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  115.6 KBName:  20170331_074531.jpg
Size:  78.0 KB

20. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

bratann617 (05-14-2017), Mel1959 (05-17-2017)

Yes they are northern flyers.

Oh my gosh they are so cute! I did have a southern flyer at one point. Her name was Kiva. She is the one in my profile picture.

Ooh thats cool...we dont have northerns this far south!! I like your lil Kiva...her pose reminds me of how my guys lounge!! Keep us updated on Tizzys progress!!

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-14-2017)

Will do! Kiva is no longer with me. She passed away last year. She was one that I got from a breeder. We don't have southern flyers in Washington either. After her passing, I found the squirrel refuge here, and it fills me with such joy! The rehabbers I work with have lived just a few blocks from me for 11 or 12 years or so and I had no idea. I'm glad I found them though!

Jen can you post a few pictures of your dinner's please?

Bratann Do you add you add full fat yogurt to your formula? Also they like the formula warmmmm!!

Wax worms are also good for fattening. Petco seems to have decent ones or you can mail order from Rainbow Worms, it takes about 3 days to get them. Keep them in the butter compartment of the fridge and they keep. If you get them at Petco open the containers and make sure you get good/alive ones. I have actually asked them to combine two containers to get a good bunch before.

27. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to BCChins:

bratann617 (05-15-2017), Mel1959 (05-17-2017)

Hi BCChins....yes I can post some pics of dinners...anything in particular you are looking for? I may have some uploaded...if not I'll take some of diner tonight & post. Im almost embarrassed b/c I give them so much food (borderline obscene...hubby says they eat better than all the 3rd world countries on the planet!. I want to make sure they get variety! He says we need another fridge just for the squirrels!

And yes...Wax worms are awesome! My guys LOVE them! They only get them every other week b/c they are high in phosphorous. My guys get plenty of calcium & eat waxies only as treats, so all good. But yes, they are fattening.

I also give my guys a very tiny spec of organic almond butter every so often & they go crazy for it. BUT its expensive & goes bad quick - but I eat it myself so I have it on hand. Plus, anything the consistency of peanut butter scares me as a choking hazard, so they get a spec of the almond butter on my finger to lick off while I am watching - no leaving it in their cage. And the almond is better than the peanut butter.

Another thing to try....i sometimes roll my blocks in organic coconut oil & put in freezer for a few minutes to harden the oil & give it to them. They LOVE the coconut oil! And it has the good fat/calories Tizzy could use.

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-15-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast