Thread: Flyer having seizures

Hybrid View

Default Re: Flyer having seizures

I have used 50/50 FV and Ultraboost for my dwarf for over a year. It has helped him put on weight. He gets other foods, as well, so the formula is not his primary source of food. I know nothing about flyers, but someone with more knowledge about them should chime in.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

bratann617 (05-15-2017)

Im not sure either abt MORE than 50/50 on formula & ultraboost. But i dont think short term doing 50/50 to get some weight on will hurt. As long as she has another food source as well. I would not do more than 50/50 only because ultraboost doesnt have all the nutrients in it she needs in & of itself. You dont want to sacrifice nutrients for fat. If she'll only drink 1.5cc you may need to try feeding her a few times a day to get more in her.

Yay on the pouches! Sounds like you got this!!

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

bratann617 (05-15-2017), Mel1959 (05-15-2017)

I shockingly got 6 cc's of half formula half ultraboost into her about 3 and half hours ago. I'm going to offer some more here in about a half hour. I am also going to try handing her fruits and veggies while she is in my shirt as apposed to her eating in her cage. Unless she decides to wake up early, then I'll try handing them to her while she is in her cage. I can't allow her out of her cage or my shirt. She has to be in one of the two. Since she is not eating the full amount based on weight, I thought about offering it every 3 hours or so.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to bratann617 from:

Mel1959 (05-15-2017)

Holy smokes!!! Shes gonna be chunky in no time eating like that. Check & feel her tummy before next feeding b/c thats a lot for flyers. Ive never gotten my guys to eat more than 3cc in one sitting but they are also younger than Tizzy & southern so smaller. Overfeeding can be as bad as underfeeding. Keep an eye on her poopy. Ive actually worn vneck tees so the babies can peek out & eat from syringe in safety without being exposed or scared.

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jennefer:

bratann617 (05-15-2017), Mel1959 (05-15-2017)

Yes, I feed her while she is inside my shirt. She should be eating 5.25 by weight. She just now only took 1.5. Earlier when she ate 6, that was only a little more than she should have, but I let her do it because she was probably starving. I have a feeling she will probably only average about 1.5. And I will definitely watch her poo. I'm going to try fruits and veggies right now.

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to bratann617:

Jennefer (05-15-2017), Mel1959 (05-15-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bratann617 View Post
    Yes, I feed her while she is inside my shirt. She should be eating 5.25 by weight. She just now only took 1.5. Earlier when she ate 6, that was only a little more than she should have, but I let her do it because she was probably starving. I have a feeling she will probably only average about 1.5. And I will definitely watch her poo. I'm going to try fruits and veggies right now.
    Good! Im glad shes eating. She may really like the ultraboost too. Keep trying wth veggies & fruits. Esp avacado if she used to like it. Key is balance & moderation. Formula should really help give her a bump.

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jennefer from:

bratann617 (05-15-2017)

That's my hope! I don't want her on the formula any longer than necessary, but I'll do whatever is needed to make sure she is consuming something for now.