Thread: Need help getting a permit for Kleo in CALIFORNIA!

CarlosKleo1 Guest

Post Need help getting a permit for Kleo in CALIFORNIA!

Hello,
    I have a squirrel, her names Kleo and it is a girl. She's the best thing that's happened to us in our lives and she's so nice and not vicious or bites much
    She has a very good diet still needs a better cage but she has an okay sized one at the moment. She's a gray squirrel more like the ones you see everywhere, we don't know her birthday but we found her as a baby, she still is but bigger now. My cousin found her in a tree (she was working at the time) and found two squirrels one was a girl and a boy the boy ran away, the mother was nowhere to be found so she took it to my girlfriend, my girlfriend gave it to me and we both take care of her. We need a permit because I don't want our little baby taken away from us just because we didn't have an ID. Any Ideas to keep our Kleo?

Default Re: Need help getting a permit for Kleo in CALIFORNIA!

If you live in a state that's not legal to keep squirrel's....I suggest that you keep her a secret. It's the best policy in my opinion. Don't take any chances . Trying to get a permit brings attention that may turn out to be negative. Be very cautious.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rexie from:

Most folks don't recommend keeping a healthy squirrel. We feel they should live the life that nature intended, which is in the trees. But, if you choose to keep her, be aware that she could have some hormonal mood changes periodically and may bite or be unhandleable until her hormones calm back down, which could take a week or two. We see it all the time with people's non-release squirrels.

I agree, if you live in a state where it is illegal to keep wildlife you want to be cautious who you tell and what you post on social media.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

gunpackingrandma (04-25-2017), Rexie (04-24-2017)

If you are really "committed" to keep Kleo, I recommend you not to advertise or tell too may people. Facebook if you want should be with a definite Avatar and be carefull who knows you have a squirrel in captivity. California is one of the "least" friendly states for wildlife.

Trooper's dad
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    " When you save someone's life, you're responsible for theirs for the rest of yours" - Confucius
    Trooper's Troop: Plain, Rufina, Scratchy, Runty, Blackie, Beanie, Biff, PreetyBoy, Limpy, Jaws, Scarface, Badtail and Housemama
    Trooper's Story at: http://www.mixbook.com/photo-books/interests/trooper-friends-9554554?vk=759PD8gn7A

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Trooper:

gunpackingrandma (04-25-2017), Rexie (04-24-2017)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.