Thread: Boo Balls.... With jelly or jam?

Default Boo Balls.... With jelly or jam?

I think the girls are burnt out on baby food as the ingredient for the recipes here... I tried fresh banana once ( 100g per recipe); but what about jellies or jams, or yogurt- they LOVE grapes. Woukd grape jelly/jam be ok? Or something else? They prefer the baked version; never baked jam or jelly...

Default Re: Boo Balls.... With jelly or jam?

Who knows? Seems like anything is worth a try. I'd just make a small batch first to see how it goes over. I can certainly understand the need for variety. I am always trying to come up with new tastes for my dwarf, Joey. Unfortunately, he is very picky, so now I tend to stick with the "tried and true".

Bravo187 Guest

Where can I get the recipe for Boo Balls?

There are recipes for boo balls in the Squirrel Nutrition section of this forum.

It seems like that would be too much concentrated sugar. May be you could start with food processing vanilla yogurt with a fruit instead of the baby food. I actually had to do this because I got forgot I was out of bb food and they like it a lot, plus it has bits of apple in it. Just a suggestion. I think fruit is ok but I stay away from jams and jellies especially. If you find no sugar added or just fruit, be sure to check it out for sugar substitutes before you use.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

LR (01-02-2018)