Hello,
I have been reading through the forum and found lots of wonderful information so I would first like to say thank you for all of the great info.
My name is Angie, and on Easter Sunday I seen my pup sniffing at what I thought was her bone I walked down to look and it looked like a dead squirrel I picked it up and it appeared to be barely alive. I warmed her up a bit and put her back next to the tree I found her by but her mom never came back for her and there was no mom in sight. I retrieved the baby squirrel and brought her back in to be warmed up again and began giving her some warm sugar water concoction I found on squirreltales.org. The next morning she seemed to be doing better was becoming more active (from what ive read I'm guessing she is somewhere around 6 weeks old) I then starting feeding her the esbilac formula 2 parts water/ 1 part formula/ 1/4 part heavy cream I gave it to her in these increments
Feeding #1
Put the tip of the syringe in the jar of formula and pull into it 1/2 cc of the formula. Take the syringe to the sink and add 2 and 1/2 cc's of plain water. Give the baby all it wants.
Feeding #2
Into the syringe put 1 cc of the formula - add 2 cc's of plain water.
Feeding #3
1 and 1/2 cc's of the formula - add 1 and 1/2 cc's of plain water.
Feeding #4
2 cc's of the formula - add 1 cc of plain water.
Feeding #5
2 and 1/2 cc's of the formula - add 1/2 cc of plain water.
Feeding #6
You have reached full strength formula which you will continue to feed

She is now eating the full strength mixture I am feeding her every 4-5 hours she weighs 126g and eats 6-9cc each time. I ordered henrys blocks they should be here today and I also ordered fox valley 20/50 but I am intimidated to switch to that bc this is my first time every rescuing a squirrel and we have been doing well on esbilac so far. I've had her 4 days now and she is so sweet. Her name is Maple and she is a fox squirrel.

The reason I believe she is 6 weeks old is because she has all her fur and teeth ad her eyes were open when I found her, one eye was half shut but is now open and with each passing day she seems to be seeing more. She loves to eat her formula and has been doing well with the bathroom up until now I'm a little worried.

She pooped yesterday atleast once maybe twice. Still nothing yet today so I'm wondering if I should dilute her formula a little as she is at full strength now 2 parts water 1 part esbilac and 1/4 heavy whipping cream. Any input on this would be helpful.

Throughout the four days I have had her 3 times ive heard her make a clicking noise she hasn't done it in two days and today she did it for about 5 minutes then stopped? She has active spurts right before I feed her usually then maybe for a couple minutes but usually after she eats she likes to snuggle into her bedding and sleeps.

My main worries are is she getting constipated and what should I do to prevent this?
Should I stick with Esbilac since it seems to be working?
I bought calcium from Henrys as well should start giving her this right away? Or hold off for a little?
Also I am concerned if she is hydrated enough? is formula enough or should I be giving water too?

I try to end each feeding with a little water but she doesn't like it much, and I try to do water in between feedings and she takes a sip or two then shakes her head and rubs her nose on her bedding. Should I sweeten the water ? If so how much sugar or honey should I put in it?

Also I would like to be prepared in case she gets pneumonia what is the best medicine to have on hand for her? I have no antibiotics at home and i'd like to make sure I have the correct stuff just to be safe. My sister works in a pharmacy and if I only need one pill I am sure she can get me one.

Sorry for all the questions I appreciate any advice I really am getting attached to Maple and I want to see her do well.

Thank you!