Thread: URGENT: ANTIBIOTIC DOSAGE NEEDED FOR PNEUMONIA _ADULT SQ.

Default URGENT: ANTIBIOTIC DOSAGE NEEDED FOR PNEUMONIA _ADULT SQ.

Hi,
    My little darling, adult male Sq. with old neuro injury (weight: 550gr) seems to have pneumonia and at this point -

the antibiotic is a must ASAP.

Clicking, wheezing and heavy breathing for 2 days now.

He's being fed formula, so it might be that accidentally it got into his lungs.

I have no vet option.

Please help me with the formula for dosage for antibiotic Clindamycin, 150mg - the only one I have

at hands and no chance to have any different one till weekend.

I suppose it's the right one from the info I found on one site:

"Uses:
    Serious infections caused by susceptible organisms:
    -Staphylococci, streptococci, and pneumococci, including serious respiratory tract infections and skin and soft tissue infections"

I know it's very harsh one with the side affects and I might have to stop, if they are too severe.

Is there any other AB that is good for pneumonia, so I can switch later, if I have to.

Thank you ahead for anyone's attention to my plea here.

Default Re: URGENT: ANTIBIOTIC DOSAGE NEEDED FOR PNEUMONIA _ADULT SQ.

Hang in there, people with the information may be at work. Keep trying back, they'll get to you soon. Refresh your page often.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to cava:

Mel1959 (04-20-2017), Nancy in New York (04-20-2017)

I sent dosing. Not sure if it will work.

5. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

cava (04-20-2017), lennysmom (04-20-2017), Mel1959 (04-20-2017), Nancy in New York (04-20-2017)

Thank you everyone for being supportive and helpful.
    The clicking and the wheezing have subsided after 2 dozes. At night he was pretty restless,
    trying to get the good position. This antibiotic (Clindamycin) is extremely bitter and taste soooooo awful - no wonder it was
    in the capsule,- so we, humans never have to taste it. He was crying loud (like never before with 2 other AB) while we were forcing him to take it. The tiny smudge on my tongue made me run to drink/eat something to get that taste out
    of my mouth.

I have a boy that had complicated issues and just got off of clindamyacin after six and a half months!! I hid it in a medicine ball and it was his treat for almost the entire time.

I ground up rodent blocks into a fine powder in the blender. Then I crushed up two tums. Took a handful of nuts and ground it up with the other stuff and added applesauce until it became a thick paste. At med time I'd form a ball then push my finger into it to make a sort of bowl. Add a little dry powdered rodent block into the "bowl" and squirt the medicine into it. Then I just balled it back up over the meds and folded it over a few times to mix it in. He went crazy for it. Maybe that would work for your boy too?

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

8. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jen413:

cava (04-21-2017), HRT4SQRLS (04-21-2017), Mel1959 (04-21-2017)