Thread: Antibiotic dosage

Hybrid View

Default Antibiotic dosage

One of my three babies has started acting sick this morning. He will not eat (except a tiny bit of peanutbutter and sugar water) and has suddenly stopped being active. I am concerned about possible pneumonia- he was sneezing some this morning. He has been eating well and has been active for a while up to this point, has been otherwise healthy and nourished with formula and some veggies (Lettuce, Carrots, a bit of avocado). Weight is 242g, about 8-9 weeks old. I have clavamox 125 mg that is old. I am going out to try and find baytril or some other squirrel safe antibiotic. I have no idea how to calculate dosage. Anyone able to point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Antibiotic dosage

Quote Originally Posted by Curtlawyer View Post
    One of my three babies has started acting sick this morning. He will not eat (except a tiny bit of peanutbutter and sugar water) and has suddenly stopped being active. I am concerned about possible pneumonia- he was sneezing some this morning. He has been eating well and has been active for a while up to this point, has been otherwise healthy and nourished with formula and some veggies (Lettuce, Carrots, a bit of avocado). Weight is 242g, about 8-9 weeks old. I have clavamox 125 mg that is old. I am going out to try and find baytril or some other squirrel safe antibiotic. I have no idea how to calculate dosage. Anyone able to point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Does he "click" with every breath?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Does he "click" with every breath?
    No. I listened for clicking. It's not there. He was out of his cage a while yesterday, and got soaked with water, may have eaten dirt a little, not certain, before I got it away from him.

Does not sound like pneumonia.

I worry that maybe there was something in the dirt that did not agree with him. Any chance he ate / nibbled / sampled anything else while out of his cage? Has there been any recent changes in his diet... better yet, sharing his entire diet may prove extremely helpful.

Esbilac, heavy cream, Greek yogurt, goat milk, water and Karo syrup make up the formula. Also eats romaine lettuce, carrots, Greenbean, avocado, watermelon, an occasional nut, with all-you-can-eat rodent blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtlawyer View Post
    Esbilac, heavy cream, Greek yogurt, goat milk, water and Karo syrup make up the formula.
    This is so unnecessary, why?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator