Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this Pox?!?!?!

Default Re: Is this Pox?!?!?!

Hi,

I had 2 squirrels last year and both are released here on my property and they both look fabulous. One of them, Ella Enchanted had babies and she and they all look fabulous.

It did take a long time for the dried lesions to disappear. I have pix of her when the pox was at its worse and then some of her from early summer this year showing it is all gone, if you want to see them let me know.

Good luck
    Kim Cassidy
    Licensed NY Wildlife Rehabilitator

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to kcassidy from:

Spanky (09-29-2017)

Of my 3 pox babies, I only had one survivor (he never seemed quite as sick as his sisters) but his lesions were pretty bad. He is happy, healthy and completely healed now. He was released several months ago and has only recently stopped coming to me... but he is 100% scar free. I'll see if I can get my last video of him up close to post.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Meirby:

cava (10-08-2017), LR (10-08-2017)

Name:  IMG_0111.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  153.3 KB

This was his back at the beginning... that huge pox right in the middle of his back https://youtu.be/ymU5sWJFl7Y

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Meirby:

LR (10-08-2017), Rocky1 (06-15-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Meirby View Post

This was his back at the beginning... that huge pox right in the middle of his back https://youtu.be/ymU5sWJFl7Y
    I love that you named him Ron!

I'm so sorry... I know this pain... I'm sooooo... soo... sorry...
    Sciurus meus amicum optimum est!

Quote Originally Posted by cava View Post
    I love that you named him Ron!
    There were 3.. Ron, Hermione and Harriet

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Meirby:

cava (10-08-2017), Spanky (10-08-2017)

LaVerne continues to thrive and visits several times a week now... though I knwo she is "around" most of the time. She had taken up semi-permanent residence in the release cage until I a regular for quite a while until I relocated her to the "ante-room" of the release cage (it is rather large (32" wide, 6' tall and 6' long) so I could rotate the Spring babies through... and she moved back after 8 days of Rodney leaving... only to be evicted back to the ante-room.

LaVerne has now claimed the nest box not far and above her former release cage after it's occupants move to leafy nests high up for the summer. I can spy here out there most evenings laying atop the box before turning in for the night.

That dark spot on her muzzle, where there was a large pox back in the day, continues to nag me. It seems darker, but then again she is molting some but I wonder (worry?) that maybe it is getting too much sun.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, a few short days after my last post Laverne went MIA. I have been fretting about her daily and finally, finally, and I mean FINALLY she made an appearance yesterday after 16 days (but who's counting?!?!?). She has lost quite a bit of weight, her tail is scraggly but overall nothing alarming. Is it too early for babies? LoL I saw no signs of nursing, but otherwise I’d suspect she has had kits.

Laverne has always been a “home body” though she had gone a couple days at a time without my having seen her. And of course I had some guilt about her attachment to the release cage and my need to continue to release babies. She still has access to the ante-chamber but has not been in there in 4 weeks.

Name:  Laverne20180703.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  86.2 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12