My squirrel who is about nine months old was playing on my screened in porch and was stung by a red wasp on his right rear paw. He freaked out and was chattering and growing while jumping around like a lunatic. We were about eight feet away when it happened. We kept our distance because he gets aggressive when hurt and just talked soothingly to him. He finally climbed on top of the dove's cage and was inspecting his foot. At first he couldn't sit up because he wouldn't put weight on his paw but after a bit he stretched out on his belly and just lay really still.

We finished cleaning his cage and water bowl, then put his evening snacks in and thank goodness he put himself in his cage when we walked away. He was jumping, climbing and sitting up to eat, but he's definitely still in pain. When I try to look in his wire windows he jumps right at my face. His paw looks swollen but I can't tell how bad because he won't sit still long enough for me to see and it was getting dark.

I don't know what to do for him since I can't touch him. Will he be okay? If he was going to have a reaction it would have happened already right? It's been about an hour. I wish he would let me put something on it, but that's not going to happen. I'm guessing there is no way to dose a squirrel with Benadryl or aspirin? I know animals definitely can't have Tylenol or Ibuprofen. Would you guys just leave him alone to sleep it off? Will he be okay? This is the first time he's ever really been hurt aside from mildly squished toes or tail.... Seeing him in pain is killing me.

Also because I know you guys always ask he is getting a healthy diet. He gets two Henry blocks a day, free choice oxbow rat food, veggies and then small snacks of fruit, nuts or sunflower seeds.

I've read a lot on this forum over the last eight months but this is the first time I've posted. Not exactly a fun reason to be posting, but it is what it is. Thanks guys.