Thread: Tap Water and MBD

Default Tap Water and MBD

Not sure if this is the correct place to post, so please move if there is a better place.

One of the most wonderful things my fur babies have brought me is information on our food/water supply and how it affects our body. As many of you know my husband and I own a plumbing company so water quality is one of the things we deal with on a regular basis. Not too far back the federal government lowered the allowable amount of fluoride in our drinking water from 2.6 ppm to .6 ppm (that is huge!). But it should not even be in there at all IMO but they have bought so much they have to get rid of it over time etc...

Anyway, while I knew there was quite a bit of chemicals in our tap water including fluoride I was really surprised to find out that one of the side affects of fluoride it that it actually leaches calcium from our bones. There is also a link to kidney issues. Well the first thing I thought about were the MBD babies. Some areas are higher doses than others and it can change daily. I have been taking water samples from our area for the past year and out of the 4 (taken quarterly) tests each one has come back with different levels and different chemicals being present. But what has remained consistent is the level of Fluoride has been consistently higher than EPA/FDA allowed amounts. We have even found that some bottled water companies are not following protocol and are not as "pure" as they claim.

IMO The smaller the creature the more affects it would have at a faster rate. Those who have sick babies may want to switch to distilled or safe brand of bottled water if possible.

Here are the links to some articles for those interested:
    http://fluoridealert.org/studies/osteoid01/
    http://fluoridation.com/bones.htm
    http://fluoridealert.org/issues/health/kidney/
    http://www.realfarmacy.com/printable...ning-fluoride/

2. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to riefderrico:

ClemC5 (03-15-2017), DarkLies212 (03-15-2017), Lighten-Up (03-18-2017), stepnstone (03-15-2017)

Default Re: Tap Water and MBD

Big Brother and Big Pharma hand in hand again

Wasn't sodium fluoride used as a rodenticide at one time? Only RO water for those with fur and feathers in our house!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to synisterkat from:

riefderrico (03-16-2017)

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Distilled water is not a good idea.

Yes, I do believe that the water we use in all things rehab plays a HUGE role in the differences we all see and experience. And the MBD/fluoride you mentioned is extremely interesting.

The thing with most bottled water...it's not pH balanced and if you ask just about any dental hygienist...it's horrible for our teeth...destroys the enamel due to the acidity. If bottled water does that to us, what on earth is it doing to all of our babies?!

I use Iceland Springs bottled water with great success and it is pH balanced at 8.88.

Personally, I don't like water. It doesn't taste good to me...more like cold clam juice if you ask me. So when the Iceland Spring water was strongly recommended to me (actually several bottles were handed to me in a bag and I was told to use it) I did a taste test, because certainly water is water and it can't be that different, right!? OMG! Boy was I wrong! Like more wrong than I've ever been! It does taste good! I do like water! Actually, I LOVE water! The squirrels that don't drink water run to their water bottles now and their fur is softer and more shiny! The injured wilds that refuse to drink water drink Iceland Springs water like they've been doing it all their lives. It's good stuff!

So, if you're thinking about going to bottled water...try Iceland Springs or at least find a pH balanced water...I firmly believe you will see a difference.

(I wonder if Iceland Springs is looking for a stateside rep?)

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Milo's Mom:

riefderrico (03-16-2017)