Thread: Formula?

Default Formula?

Hi, we received a new baby yesterday, she is around 6 weeks old. I went out and got the puppy formula and double cream this morning but cant remember the initial dilution.

For now i have done...
    1 part powder formula with 3 parts water and 0.5 part double cream.
    This is then diluted per meal, she has only had one so far and that was 1 part mixed formula with 3 parts water.
    Then her next meal will be 2 parts formula, 2 parts water and so on.

Then the next time i mix up formula (tomorrow) i will mix it as the label states?

Just thought i'd double check this sounds about right, its difficult to work out from previous post as all the products are different in the UK and despite this being the 5th squirrel we've had i forget every time.

Emily

Default Re: Formula?

Quote Originally Posted by UK squirrel owner View Post
    Hi, we received a new baby yesterday, she is around 6 weeks old. I went out and got the puppy formula and double cream this morning but cant remember the initial dilution.

For now i have done...
    1 part powder formula with 3 parts water and 0.5 part double cream.
    This is then diluted per meal, she has only had one so far and that was 1 part mixed formula with 3 parts water.
    Then her next meal will be 2 parts formula, 2 parts water and so on.

Then the next time i mix up formula (tomorrow) i will mix it as the label states?

Just thought i'd double check this sounds about right, its difficult to work out from previous post as all the products are different in the UK and despite this being the 5th squirrel we've had i forget every time.

Emily
    If the baby still needs a little hydration or adjustment to formula then 1 part formula 3 parts water is correct.
    What is the formula you are using and what does the label suggest?
    Usually from any powdered formula I've seen it's 1 part powder to 2 parts formula, I would not alter this by going 2 for 2.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Mel1959 (04-20-2017)