Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Urinary tract infections?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26
    Thanked: 8

    Default Urinary tract infections?

    Hello all, I am wondering what are the signs and symptoms of a urinary tract infection?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,566
    Thanked: 556

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Straining to go pee
    Odor in the urine
    Blood in urine or pink in color

    Meds will be needed.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Is sporadic urination: not peeing all at once, but small amounts at random times, also a symptom?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37,769
    Thanked: 10216

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    Is sporadic urination: not peeing all at once, but small amounts at random times, also a symptom?
    Yes.
    You will need Baytril (animal antibiotic) or Cipro (Human) OR SMZ-TMP.
    If you have the weight and the mg of ONE pill we can dose it for you, unless
    you have a vet that can help.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Where will be the best place to buy the antibiotics, and what is the best way to administer?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Sorry for the repeated question, but I havent got a responce in a while.

    Can anyone suggest where the best place is to buy the antibiotics?

    Also, how to calculate the right dose, how often, and for how long?

    What would be the best/easiest way to administer the meds?

    My squirrel is 8 months old and her weight is about 520g.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37,769
    Thanked: 10216

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Salsa View Post
    Sorry for the repeated question, but I havent got a responce in a while.

    Can anyone suggest where the best place is to buy the antibiotics?

    Also, how to calculate the right dose, how often, and for how long?

    What would be the best/easiest way to administer the meds?

    My squirrel is 8 months old and her weight is about 520g.

    I sent you a pm, so I think you are all set.
    Let me know if I can help in any other way!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    My 7 week old boy is having same problem, he's constantly soaked and pee smell is very strong. Where is the best place to buy antibiotics for them? Thanks for any help

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post

    I sent you a pm, so I think you are all set.
    Let me know if I can help in any other way!

    My 7 week old boy is having same problem, he's constantly soaked and pee smell is very strong. Where is the best place to buy antibiotics for them? Thanks for any help

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Urinary tract infections?

    You can purchase them here.
    http://www.calvetsupply.com/category/Oral-Antibiotics
    These are human grade antibiotics. You would want the
    Fish Sulfa Forte or Ciprofloxacin Tablets.


    I would PM "Nancy in New York" who helped me to dose Ember.

    Whatever you do get out of these, make sure to follow up with what you did get and let Nancy know as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •