Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dixie wont wean...

Default Re: Dixie wont wean...

Quote Originally Posted by Peachesmom View Post
    Can I ask what happen to her?
    My skin looks like I had a fight with a briar bush! I have learned to wear my house shoes after being nailed by her on both big toes.
    She developed a UTI at first and was treated twice over the next several months and then the hair loss and thinning all over her hips and legs. She was tested for mites, nothing plus the vet and I had her on a diet because she was 7 and obese but she started losing weight too fast and by the time I had taken her to right exotic vet and got x-rays she was skin and bones. Vet said adrenal cancer from an x-ray. Okay, surgery to take out the tumor, day of surgery there were two tumors and in her kidneys, so I had to make that terrible decision to let her go while she was under anesthesia. That was 8-11-2015 at 9:10 a.m. I have still not wholly gotten over that day. She was so much a part of my life for 7.5 years. I now have Theo a flyer my daughter brought home from work. He was about 1 month 12-15-2016, my mother's birthday when I got him. She passed this last May a day before my birthday. I believe he was a birthday gift from her. ) He started jumping tonight and smacked into a wooden door. Ouch. I quickly put some blankets down. That's my story lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Roxi, my girl forever. She stole my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

2. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Roxi's mom:

gunpackingrandma (02-28-2017), lennysmom (01-27-2017)

Well, it's upside down. Anyone know how to fix it?
    My Roxi, my girl forever. She stole my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

I wish I could help you but I constantly seem to have this problem. Sometimes it even looks right to me but not to anyone else. Haha!

I believe my lil guy too was sent to my by someone who passed away. Hope your baby is okay!

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Sammy's TSB Thread Marvin and Charlie's TSB Thread Sadie's TSB Thread

Peachesmom Guest

I know ive read alot about captive squirrels being a one person animal. Dixie loves, plays, prunes, cuddles w me and my husband. But she has interacted w both of us since i got her. A friend of mine came over, Now Dixie bite her 4-5 times, not drawing blood. But i think we are BOTH her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachesmom View Post
    I know ive read alot about captive squirrels being a one person animal. Dixie loves, plays, prunes, cuddles w me and my husband. But she has interacted w both of us since i got her. A friend of mine came over, Now Dixie bite her 4-5 times, not drawing blood. But i think we are BOTH her family.
    Most squirrels are usually pretty friendly to everyone that has interaction with them on a regular basis. At least for a for a while... 6 months to a year? After that all bets are off and being a one-person animal is the norm, though there are exceptions.

I would be very cautious about letting her interact with visitors because when they do make a vicious attack, they will bite to the bone and bite multiple times. We have seen situations on the board where friends are attacked and that leads to bad situations with squirrels being confiscated and euthanized simply because they were being a squirrel. Sometimes the victim turns in the squirrel on purpose and sometimes the friend simply mentions to some third party the source of the bites and well, one thing leads to another.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.