Thread: Weight

Hybrid View

Default Weight

Ive asked in various posts about weight. Im now concerned ive been over feeding, but am not certain.
    Lilo is 5 months. 550g. Daily i offer 2 formula feedings morning and evening 30-40ml each time. 6or 7 home made blocks (she shreds most of it) 3 handfuls of arugula 1 strawberry 3 snap peas half mushroom 1 small brocolli top small slice of cucumber cut in 4 and a teaspoon of dry oatmeal in cage and her room for foraging ..i switch up different veggies and fruit weekly. But stick with the block formula and arugula daily.
    I offer one nut in the evening. If i give a second nut it is always an almond in shell.
    Is this enough or too much.. She seems to search for more food all the time. I figured maybe that is just the foraging instinct and that she isnt actually hungry.

Default Re: Weight

Also.. When i return home from work.. I gather the dhredded block and add it to a teaspoon of yogurt in order to make sure she is eatting enough block.
    Name:  IMG_20161227_081010_097.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  400.7 KB
    She doesnt look over weight to me. I actually worry she looks lean compared to other squirrel pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would double check your scale.
    Your squirrel doesn't look like she weighs 550 grams.
    She's adorable, by the way!
    If she's still acting hungry, I would offer more of the good stuff,
    seems like she enjoys eating.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Eejay (12-27-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    I would double check your scale.
    Your squirrel doesn't look like she weighs 550 grams.
    She's adorable, by the way!
    If she's still acting hungry, I would offer more of the good stuff,
    seems like she enjoys eating.
    I agree. I just bought a new one. Ive weighed her everyday at the same time as well kinda expecting to get a different number but it is always in the same range. Ill fiddle with the scale when im home to see if it is in fact not accurate

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Eejay from:

Nancy in New York (12-27-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Eejay View Post
    I agree. I just bought a new one. Ive weighed her everyday at the same time as well kinda expecting to get a different number but it is always in the same range. Ill fiddle with the scale when im home to see if it is in fact not accurate
    Yeah, try getting a can of "something" that has the weight on it, and compare.
    Can you get a couple of shots from a distance ~ 5-6 feet away?

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Eejay (12-27-2016)

I can try this evening yes. Ill also try to use something as a comparison with her as well

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Eejay from:

Also.. When i return home from work.. I gather the dhredded block and add it to a teaspoon of yogurt in order to make sure she is eatting enough block.
    Name:  IMG_20161227_081010_097.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  400.7 KB
    She doesnt look over weight to me. I actually worry she looks lean compared to other squirrel pics.
    Wow! This is the first time I have seen a fox squirrel up close with someone to compare size with. She is so big compared to the grays around my home lol! She does not look overweight to me either. Gorgeous!
    My Roxi, my girl forever. She stole my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi's mom View Post
    Wow! This is the first time I have seen a fox squirrel up close with someone to compare size with. She is so big compared to the grays around my home lol! She does not look overweight to me either. Gorgeous!
    Is she a fox squirrel? Lol i thought was a gray..jist a black gray...i did read a rumour that canadian squirrels were a little bit bigger, but i wasnt certain..im new to this wonderful world of squirrels

Is she a fox squirrel? Lol i thought was a gray..jist a black gray...i did read a rumour that canadian squirrels were a little bit bigger, but i wasnt certain..im new to this wonderful world of squirrels
    You're right she's a little grey "morph" aka black squirrel.
    When they're babies we call them blinkines.
    If that rumor is true about Canadian squirrels being larger,
    this may attribute to her weight, but to me she doesn't look like
    she weighs 550 grams.

And i am smallish, (5'1)so she looks big laying on me. She likes to pancake on my forearm and does cover the length of my arm..ill take some better pics of her this evening. And try the can weight trick on the scale

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Eejay from: