Thread: 5 month old grays nutrition and puberty?

Default 5 month old grays nutrition and puberty?

Hi guys!!

We haven't had to come on in a while because Wallie had been doing so well. However, she's becoming quite the stinker lately. Is it because she's hitting her puberty?? Am I not feeding her enough?? She's always hungry. We're currently out of HHB, but ordering more tomorrow. She typically get 2-3 of those a day. Sometimes just one. She gets different nuts, apples, berries, sweet potatoes, green beans, kale or other leafy greens, dried veggies and sometimes carrots. Oh and she just started liking grapes. Is there anything else I should be feeding her at this point?? She's gotten in to some chocolate this holiday season. Thought I had it all put away, but she snuck in my back pack. She's learned to open the garbage too. Oh and alway searching for the bitter container I hide in the microwave. She ate a chunk one day. Should I be feeding her some dairy??

Oh and she's currently laying in her bed staring at me like she knows I'm talking about her. Lol

Default Re: 5 month old grays nutrition and puberty?

Welcome back! I will start by saying that you should hang out here to be sure everything is going the way it should be because her diet needs work. A nut per day as a treat is all she should be having on a regular basis. She must have block every day so even if you get some commercial Regal Rat by Oxbow to have on hand in case HHBs are low or in her cage as a snack it would be better than running out of HHBs entirely. She needs fresh veggies from the first group on the pyramid that you will find in the link below. No dried except as an occasional treat.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...-Pet-Squirrels
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SammysMom:

Grinderhead (12-26-2016), stepnstone (12-27-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Welcome back! I will start by saying that you should hang out here to be sure everything is going the way it should be because her diet needs work. A nut per day as a treat is all she should be having on a regular basis. She must have block every day so even if you get some commercial Regal Rat by Oxbow to have on hand in case HHBs are low or in her cage as a snack it would be better than running out of HHBs entirely. She needs fresh veggies from the first group on the pyramid that you will find in the link below. No dried except as an occasional treat.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...-Pet-Squirrels
    Oh man!! Yep, we shouldn't have strayed from the board. The dried veg are just as a little treat. I'll pick up blocks tomorrow until our other come in. We'll certainly cool it with the nuts and definitely get her back on the right track. Thank you! And what should I be expecting in the next few months with her development as a "teen"?

squizzabelle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GGnWallie View Post
    Oh man!! Yep, we shouldn't have strayed from the board. The dried veg are just as a little treat. I'll pick up blocks tomorrow until our other come in. We'll certainly cool it with the nuts and definitely get her back on the right track. Thank you! And what should I be expecting in the next few months with her development as a "teen"?
    Expect lots of hair flicking accompanied by 'I HATE you' ! Hissy fits, hours on lockdown in bedroom on phone to her friends, lots of 'whatever's' and 'you don't understand' , but don't worry they always grow out of it!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to squizzabelle from:

Eejay (12-27-2016)

I am in the same boat.. Waiting and wondering what to expect at this age. Hope we get through the "teenager" phase without incident lol

Quote Originally Posted by squizzabelle View Post
    Expect lots of hair flicking accompanied by 'I HATE you' ! Hissy fits, hours on lockdown in bedroom on phone to her friends, lots of 'whatever's' and 'you don't understand' , but don't worry they always grow out of it!
    That is hilarious and totally how she's acting. Like a little snot, but still a sweet pea. I have to hold her really close to me to get her to be some what snugly.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to GGnWallie from:

Quote Originally Posted by Eejay View Post
    I am in the same boat.. Waiting and wondering what to expect at this age. Hope we get through the "teenager" phase without incident lol
    Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I really need to move her cage to another room. I have her in my bed room because that's where I had space for her giant armoire turned squirrel haven. Also, it matches my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by GGnWallie View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't last too long. I really need to move her cage to another room. I have her in my bed room because that's where I had space for her giant armoire turned squirrel haven. Also, it matches my bedroom.
    Lol i emptied most of my stuff out my bedroom for Lilo . its her room now. I sleep on the couch.