Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 201 to 220 of 220

Thread: Nutkin losing his sight!

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    eastcoast
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny H View Post
    Hi Trysh, you are so kind to be so sympathetic and also sad about my boy's passing. I won't know how to keep in touch with you all when Nutkin's post goes into the 'All Squirrels go to Heaven' category.

    I have so many wonderful friends on this site, I won't know how I can stay in touch.
    Do you know? x

    Hi dear Jenny,

    There are several ways to navigate TSB. You can go into each category, i.e. Emergency, Non emergency, Infirmary, Nursery, etc, click on those headings and that will open up those areas. At the beginning of each category are stickies (posts that contain important information that stay until admin deletes). You can read any of those or scroll past and find posts of people that have made a thread pertinent to that category. You originally chose to put Nutkins thread in the Non-emergency category. You can comment in any ones thread, just like you replied back to any one who commented in your thread.

    Your thread about Nutkin will stay the same except that it will be in a different category, a very special, holy, and loved category. You can still post there and we can also. It is still about you and Nutkin. And most of us will follow you there. We would love to know more about you and your life with Nutkin. Of course there must be many pictures cos we love pictures so much.

    Another way to open up is to go to- Quick Links- and find out who posted that day regardless of what category. I think this is what most people do.

    I just had a brilliant idea.....why don't you come to the TSB gathering held here in Maryland on March 3rd 4th and 5th. Fly into Baltimore Washington international airport (BWI), I personally will pick you up and take you to Kent Island, where you will spend 2 1/2 days immersed in squirrel love and people that truly understand what you are going through. And you will have the distinction of having travelled the farthest besides having a wonderful special loving weekend in an incredible setting at Farm Moms horse and squirrel farm! You can read about it in the category of Off Topic and the thread is...2017 Gathering of Nuts, or something like that. We would love to have you come, but no pressure if you can't.

    Trysh

  2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

    island rehabber (02-14-2017), Jenny H (02-09-2017), Nancy in New York (02-09-2017)

  3. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Hi dear Jenny,

    There are several ways to navigate TSB. You can go into each category, i.e. Emergency, Non emergency, Infirmary, Nursery, etc, click on those headings and that will open up those areas. At the beginning of each category are stickies (posts that contain important information that stay until admin deletes). You can read any of those or scroll past and find posts of people that have made a thread pertinent to that category. You originally chose to put Nutkins thread in the Non-emergency category. You can comment in any ones thread, just like you replied back to any one who commented in your thread.

    Your thread about Nutkin will stay the same except that it will be in a different category, a very special, holy, and loved category. You can still post there and we can also. It is still about you and Nutkin. And most of us will follow you there. We would love to know more about you and your life with Nutkin. Of course there must be many pictures cos we love pictures so much.

    Another way to open up is to go to- Quick Links- and find out who posted that day regardless of what category. I think this is what most people do.

    I just had a brilliant idea.....why don't you come to the TSB gathering held here in Maryland on March 3rd 4th and 5th. Fly into Baltimore Washington international airport (BWI), I personally will pick you up and take you to Kent Island, where you will spend 2 1/2 days immersed in squirrel love and people that truly understand what you are going through. And you will have the distinction of having travelled the farthest besides having a wonderful special loving weekend in an incredible setting at Farm Moms horse and squirrel farm! You can read about it in the category of Off Topic and the thread is...2017 Gathering of Nuts, or something like that. We would love to have you come, but no pressure if you can't.

    Trysh
    Hi Trysh, thank you so much for guiding me through the TSB website. You've made it so much easier for me. I still don't know how to post photographs, but the lovely Nancy from NY is kindly helping me with that. I have more photos to follow sometime.

    What can I say? WOW! The 2017 Gathering of Nuts! (great name). There is nothing on this earth I would rather do than to go to Maryland in March. However, I have a problem. I have no current passport and doubt that I could get one sorted in time as everything is abysmally slow in this country. I haven't needed one for the last 10 years as I didn't go abroad for any holidays as I wouldn't leave Nutkin. My passport expired a few years back and I haven't renewed it. Also I am waiting for an operation and I'm on the 'cancellation' list, so I don't know when I will be called. I've been waiting 8 months now, yet I'm classed as 'urgent'. The NHS here is terrible as you may have heard on your news. The TSB gathering sounds the most wonderful thing to me. I can't imagine being surrounded by people who are like-minded and love squirrels as much as I do. Pure heaven! Your offer has really touched my heart and it's so kind of you to think of me. You are such a great person, Trysh!

    Who knows what next year may bring? Perhaps another squirrel will enter my life if Nutkin sends me one. In that case, I will be devoted to it no doubt, just like I have Nutkin.

    I'll look forward to hearing all about the gathering though with lots of pictures!

    Thank you so much, Trysh. x

  4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-09-2017), redwuff (02-09-2017)

  5. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    160
    Thanked: 189

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    I just read this entire thread and have tears streaming down my face. I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenny H.

    What a beautiful bond you and Nutkin have! That bond is forever. No matter what.

  6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Ekorre:

    island rehabber (02-14-2017), Jenny H (02-10-2017), Nancy in New York (02-09-2017), redwuff (02-09-2017)

  7. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekorre View Post
    I just read this entire thread and have tears streaming down my face. I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenny H.

    What a beautiful bond you and Nutkin have! That bond is forever. No matter what.
    Bless you Ekorre. How kind of you to get in touch. Your words are very comforting. Nutkin and I had nothing short of a love affair. I received his love every single day and he also accepted mine gratefully and was always anxious to see me and get a cuddle. He was a unique and amazing little boy and I miss him very much. Lovely to hear from you, many thanks. x

  8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jenny H from:

    redwuff (02-09-2017)

  9. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    eastcoast
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanked: 1162

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny H View Post
    Hi Trysh, thank you so much for guiding me through the TSB website. You've made it so much easier for me. I still don't know how to post photographs, but the lovely Nancy from NY is kindly helping me with that. I have more photos to follow sometime.

    What can I say? WOW! The 2017 Gathering of Nuts! (great name). There is nothing on this earth I would rather do than to go to Maryland in March. However, I have a problem. I have no current passport and doubt that I could get one sorted in time as everything is abysmally slow in this country. I haven't needed one for the last 10 years as I didn't go abroad for any holidays as I wouldn't leave Nutkin. My passport expired a few years back and I haven't renewed it. Also I am waiting for an operation and I'm on the 'cancellation' list, so I don't know when I will be called. I've been waiting 8 months now, yet I'm classed as 'urgent'. The NHS here is terrible as you may have heard on your news. The TSB gathering sounds the most wonderful thing to me. I can't imagine being surrounded by people who are like-minded and love squirrels as much as I do. Pure heaven! Your offer has really touched my heart and it's so kind of you to think of me. You are such a great person, Trysh!

    Who knows what next year may bring? Perhaps another squirrel will enter my life if Nutkin sends me one. In that case, I will be devoted to it no doubt, just like I have Nutkin.

    I'll look forward to hearing all about the gathering though with lots of pictures!

    Thank you so much, Trysh. x

    It would be sheer joy to meet you maybe something to plan for next year.

    I am sorry to hear about a health issue. Will send prayers for a positive resolution. I have no doubt that Nutkin is looking right now for the next perfect being to send to you!

    Trysh

  10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

    Jenny H (02-09-2017)

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    It would be sheer joy to meet you maybe something to plan for next year.

    I am sorry to hear about a health issue. Will send prayers for a positive resolution. I have no doubt that Nutkin is looking right now for the next perfect being to send to you!

    Trysh
    Thank you for your prayers Trysh. I have a feeling that Nutkin will definitely find me someone wonderful to love at some stge. Just like him hopefully! Take care. x

  12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-09-2017), redwuff (02-15-2017)

  13. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    Posts
    25,338
    Thanked: 2040

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Sorry I have not been on--I just today saw the post on Nutkin's passing.
    Most TSB members have lost a squee...some, myself included, have lost a few.
    It is never "just a squirrel"--it is always a piece of your heart.
    You did so well to keep him so strong and healthy for soooo many years. A testament to you LOVE.
    Time is the only remedy...and I mean LOTS of time. Your grief is your own--but shared by so many here.
    My best friend the CRUISER Dude is 5 and I fear he won't see 6, and all my free time is spent on loving him.
    _________________________________

    If you wish--you can e-mail tons of NUTKIN pics to my computer, and I'll post them here.
    That way TSB could see your darling squirrel..It would mean a lot to us all if you would share some of your memories...
    ________________________________________send to:

    stosh@jpcfl.com
    __________________________________________
    write Nutkin in the message line.

    I have post pics for dozens of TSB members...It would be my honor & privilege to help you with your NUTKIN photos....

  14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stosh2010:

    Jenny H (02-15-2017), redwuff (02-15-2017)

  15. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010 View Post
    Sorry I have not been on--I just today saw the post on Nutkin's passing.
    Most TSB members have lost a squee...some, myself included, have lost a few.
    It is never "just a squirrel"--it is always a piece of your heart.
    You did so well to keep him so strong and healthy for soooo many years. A testament to you LOVE.
    Time is the only remedy...and I mean LOTS of time. Your grief is your own--but shared by so many here.
    My best friend the CRUISER Dude is 5 and I fear he won't see 6, and all my free time is spent on loving him.
    _________________________________

    If you wish--you can e-mail tons of NUTKIN pics to my computer, and I'll post them here.
    That way TSB could see your darling squirrel..It would mean a lot to us all if you would share some of your memories...
    ________________________________________send to:

    stosh@jpcfl.com
    __________________________________________
    write Nutkin in the message line.

    I have post pics for dozens of TSB members...It would be my honor & privilege to help you with your NUTKIN photos....
    Thank you so much stosh, bless you for your lovely words and the offer to post some more of Nutkin's photos. That's very kind of you. At the moment, Nancy in new York is helping post photos, but it would be lovely if you get to see them too. You're right, it's so hard to lose a squirrel. They are so unlike any other animal and are very very special. I'm so sorry you've lost squirrels too. The grief is terrible isn't it and I don't know if I will ever really get over it. He was the most important thing in my life and I loved him so much. He showed his love for me every day and I showed him mine. We were inseparable and rarely apart.

    Thank you so much for sharing my grief, you are so kind and caring. I'm sure your squirrels had a very loving parent too and one who still misses them so much. They're just so special aren't they. Bless you stosh.....and thank you so much. x

    May I send special love to The Cruiser and hope with all my heart that he remains with you for a long time. xxxx

  16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jenny H from:

    Nancy in New York (02-15-2017)

  17. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37,735
    Thanked: 10119

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    I received a few more photos from Jenny H of Nutkin.
    What a precious baby he was and oh SO loved.






  18. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

    Jenny H (02-15-2017), lennysmom (02-15-2017), lukaslolamaus (02-15-2017), redwuff (02-15-2017), Rexie (02-16-2017), Scott (02-16-2017), stosh2010 (02-15-2017)

  19. #210
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,708
    Thanked: 1720

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Nutkin Jenny

  20. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lukaslolamaus:

    Jenny H (02-15-2017), Nancy in New York (02-15-2017)

  21. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    8,664
    Thanked: 4151

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

    "Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss

  22. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to lennysmom:

    Jenny H (02-15-2017), Nancy in New York (02-15-2017)

  23. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37,735
    Thanked: 10119

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    A couple more of the little prince..............Nutkin.




  24. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

    lennysmom (02-15-2017), lukaslolamaus (02-15-2017), redwuff (02-15-2017), Rocky1 (02-16-2017), Scott (02-16-2017)

  25. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    Posts
    25,338
    Thanked: 2040

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    I hope that you don't mind me posting--on your thread. But when i saw your photo of NUTKIN in your fridge...I couldn't help but see a comparison...
    Yours--V.S.- Mine... ha!

    Name:  nutkin and CR fridge1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  89.0 KB

  26. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stosh2010:

    Jenny H (02-16-2017), redwuff (02-15-2017)

  27. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010 View Post
    I hope that you don't mind me posting--on your thread. But when i saw your photo of NUTKIN in your fridge...I couldn't help but see a comparison...
    Yours--V.S.- Mine... ha!

    Name:  nutkin and CR fridge1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  89.0 KB
    Hi Stosh, yes, I know. Yours is certainly larger than ours, but we do have another one in the garage. This was Nutkin's fridge mainly and we just sneaked some of his space now and then. I remember someone telling me once that they had just been on holiday to the US and that everything over there was large compared to the little old UK. I guess that includes fridges too! LOL! I've been wanting what they call over here an 'American style' fridge for ages, as ours aren't that big. I'd love one just like your fridge. That's what I call a fridge! That's settled it, I'll definitely be coming to your house for dinner! xx

  28. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-16-2017), redwuff (02-16-2017), Scott (02-16-2017)

  29. #215
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Floresville Texxs
    Posts
    434
    Thanked: 224

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Thinking of you today..... I know your grief is still tremendous, I wanted you to know I still care and am sending blessings. His pictures are lovely, thanks for sharing him with us.

  30. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rexie:

    Jenny H (02-17-2017), Nancy in New York (02-16-2017)

  31. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    Thinking of you today..... I know your grief is still tremendous, I wanted you to know I still care and am sending blessings. His pictures are lovely, thanks for sharing him with us.
    Thank you so much Rexie. My grief is indeed tremendous. I can't even speak about him with anyone yet, it's too raw. Nutkin changed my life and I fear I will never be the same again. I do appreciate your caring and sending blessing to me. I was a proud 'mum' to Nutkin and I'm so happy to share my boy with you all, knowing that you would have loved him as much as I did. He was very special. Thank you my friend. xx

  32. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-17-2017), stosh2010 (02-17-2017)

  33. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    14,030
    Thanked: 1290

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    I received a few more photos from Jenny H of Nutkin.
    What a precious baby he was and oh SO loved.





    Aw. The last pic - look at that little pink tummy! Do I spy a roll or two? That tummy skin is the softest in the world I think. How often were you able to restrain yourself from stroking that tummy? I always reach in and stroke my boy's tum when he is on his haunches eating (unless it is a rice chex because he will swat me over chex) and the poor guy has just given up on me stopping and endures it with an eyeroll.

    I have nothing to offer as far as getting past this. These little guys hold your heart so hard I don't think you ever get it completely back. I don't think you DO "get over it." Maybe all we can do is find a path around, if we can...

  34. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

    Jenny H (02-17-2017), Nancy in New York (02-17-2017), redwuff (02-17-2017), Rexie (02-17-2017)

  35. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Aw. The last pic - look at that little pink tummy! Do I spy a roll or two? That tummy skin is the softest in the world I think. How often were you able to restrain yourself from stroking that tummy? I always reach in and stroke my boy's tum when he is on his haunches eating (unless it is a rice chex because he will swat me over chex) and the poor guy has just given up on me stopping and endures it with an eyeroll.

    I have nothing to offer as far as getting past this. These little guys hold your heart so hard I don't think you ever get it completely back. I don't think you DO "get over it." Maybe all we can do is find a path around, if we can...
    Thank you CritterMom. Yes, that is a soft pink tummy you see and yes there were a few little rolls there. He had also lost some of his fur at that time. The weather was quite warm and he was shedding a bit. Fortunately after a short time it returned hiding the 'tell tale' rolls! LOL! I did get to tickle Nutkin's tum now and then, which was a treat for both of us. When I stopped tickling, he would hold on to my fingers until I continued again. Such a loving boy.

    I agree with what you said about getting past losing Nutkin. These creatures are so unique and so special, it must be almost impossible to let them go completely. I'll always keep a large part of him in my heart which I will keep forever.
    Thank you my friend. x

  36. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-17-2017), redwuff (02-17-2017), Rexie (02-17-2017)

  37. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    114
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    Thinking of you today..... I know your grief is still tremendous, I wanted you to know I still care and am sending blessings. His pictures are lovely, thanks for sharing him with us.
    Thank you Rexie, you'll always be a close friend. x

  38. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Jenny H:

    Nancy in New York (02-17-2017), Rexie (02-17-2017)

  39. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Playas del Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
    Posts
    25,338
    Thanked: 2040

    Default Re: Nutkin losing his sight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny H View Post
    Hi Stosh,I've been wanting what they call over here an 'American style' fridge for ages, as ours aren't that big. I'd love one just like your fridge. That's what I call a fridge! That's settled it, I'll definitely be coming to your house for dinner! xx
    >>>If you ever take a vacation to Costa Rica--you JUST HAVE to visit me--I'm on the Pacific Ocean side, way up in the northern section--near Liberia, the capital.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________


    Jenny,
    You ( and Nutkin) have been in my thoughts all week. How fast times zips by.... It has been 5 weeks since Nutkin's passing, and I'm sure to you, it feels fresh and still so very painful. My little Dude has good and then very BAD days. My heart is so twisted.

    ---I hope you can start to find some time to be happy and feel Nutkin on your shoulder--keeping watch over you--from the Rainbow Bridge.


    835

    If you find the time to e-mail me a selection ( 8 or more) of you favorite Nutkin pics..I would be HONORED to make a collage for you... No rush--any time...
    send to


    stosh@jpcfl.com
    remember put TSB Nutkin in the message line.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

  40. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stosh2010 from:

    Nancy in New York (03-11-2017)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •