Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daughter brought home baby flyer from work.

Default Re: Daughter brought home baby flyer from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenlegs View Post
    I did go but I just could not get my phone to cooperate. Every time I would click on check out it just wouldn't do anything, and how do you order the pattern you want? I couldn't find where to do that. I will have to ask her later this a.m. thanks
    My Roxi, my girl forever. She stole my heart. She is gone but never forgotten.

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

If you want it fast (but no pattern choice), go to the Henry's website. http://www.henryspets.com/flyer-bonding-pouch/ They have Bonding Pouches and can ship very quickly.

If the pattern is more important and you're willing to wait a couple weeks just send me a PM stating what you want and include the name of the pattern and item number(s) of the fleece you'd like. I do have a few premade for an upcoming show so I can get pics of them to see if you like any of them too. To pick your fleece take a look at this link. http://www.joann.com/fabric/fleece-fabric/#prefn1=type&prefv1=Anti-Pill%20Fleece%20Prints%7CAnti-Pill%20Fleece%20Solids%7CBlizzard%20Fleece%20Print s%7CBlizzard%20Fleece%20Solids

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Mom View Post
    If you want it fast (but no pattern choice), go to the Henry's website. http://www.henryspets.com/flyer-bonding-pouch/ They have Bonding Pouches and can ship very quickly.

If the pattern is more important and you're willing to wait a couple weeks just send me a PM stating what you want and include the name of the pattern and item number(s) of the fleece you'd like. I do have a few premade for an upcoming show so I can get pics of them to see if you like any of them too. To pick your fleece take a look at this link. http://www.joann.com/fabric/fleece-fabric/#prefn1=type&prefv1=Anti-Pill%20Fleece%20Prints%7CAnti-Pill%20Fleece%20Solids%7CBlizzard%20Fleece%20Print s%7CBlizzard%20Fleece%20Solids

I liked the rainbow butterfly with baby blue lining. How much is that pouch. I also wanted a feeding cloth. It could also be the rainbow butterfly. How much would the two be and do you have any made? Where any of those sleeping huts or bags for flyers? I will need one if those too, or would a regular squirrel stuffy sleeping hut do?

So baby Roscoe made it through the night, which I thought he would. Bruising on stomach seems a bit better today. How much poo does a little tiny flyer make. I have noticed a tiny piece of what I believe to be poo twice. About the size or smaller than a grain of rice. I can't tell if he is peeing either. He squirms so much I am constantly struggling to see what I'm doing . I put on one of my husbands pocket shirts and a piece of lens cleaning cloth in the pocket with him inside that so he is right next to my heart. I ordered some silicone feeding nipples and Henry's healthy blocks for baby/flyers. I will order my cloth things from Milo's mom. Prices looked a bit better to me there. . So that is my update. I figure if he is pooing he must be peeing. I use warm water and a piece of cotton to clean him.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Roxi's mom from:

Scott (12-16-2016)

He might be peeing in his box. Glad he is doing well.

UMMM you forgot something... = pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCChins View Post
    He might be peeing in his box. Glad he is doing well.

UMMM you forgot something... = pictures!!

Whoops sorry. Here you go.Name:  20161215_151942.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  1.33 MBName:  20161215_171543.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  1.18 MBName:  20161215_171517.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  1.11 MBName:  20161215_171506.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.25 MB

9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Roxi's mom:

Scott (12-16-2016)

I'm just letting everybody know that I finally got some Poo that I actually noticed from this little guy , but I can't tell about the Pee because he is so small and struggles so much. There can't be much but if he's pooing then he's peeing right, so that's the good news!

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Roxi's mom:

Milo's Mom (12-16-2016), SammysMom (12-16-2016)

Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Great on the poop!
    Try using a Q-tip to stimulate...easier to see if there is pee
    I will respond to your pouch questions in a PM and I will get you pics of what I have on hand (I will post them in Boutique thread tomorrow)

How is the baby's weight doing? And what does it weigh?

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

Gaaaaaaaa! He's so CUTE! You know, bras make GREAT bonding pouches

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chickenlegs:

BCChins (12-17-2016), SammysMom (12-17-2016)

ALSO--Milo's Mom makes the BESTEST bonding pouches--and they have zippers so he won't crawl out!
    Pat! Three times yesterday I came to this thread to say thank you to you for this compliment and three times I got distracted...look a squirrel!

So this was my first stop this morning. THANK YOU!!!

Gaaaaaaaa! He's so CUTE! You know, bras make GREAT bonding pouches
    I have had him there too and I wound up with a few baby scratches near my arm lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Milo's Mom View Post
    Great on the poop!
    Try using a Q-tip to stimulate...easier to see if there is pee
    I will respond to your pouch questions in a PM and I will get you pics of what I have on hand (I will post them in Boutique thread tomorrow)

How is the baby's weight doing? And what does it weigh?
    I just weighed him. He is 0.6 ounces. I just got whipping cream so what is the recipe for that? I got him to pee pretty 2ell just once that I saw and he pooped at the same time. I see him poop daily but usually only once. There were several little tiny poops in my hand after I fed him yet hat stuck like glue lol! I guess I am just wiping away the pee and I'm not seeing it in the process. He is now com8ng up out of the blankets and running around the top of the enclosure while I talk to him. I decided to call him Theodore as in Alvin and the chipmunksame Theodore. I call him Theo.
    Last edited by Roxi's mom; 12-18-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Add pictures

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Roxi's mom from:

SammysMom (12-18-2016)

Well, .6 oz = 17g so how much is he eating at each feeding? 5% would be .85cc of formula or 7% would be 1.1cc per feeding. The heavy cream would be added into the formula, but VERY slowly to avoid any tummy issues. Others who are more experienced with flyers may know more about how much to add though. I defer to their expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Well, .6 oz = 17g so how much is he eating at each feeding? 5% would be .85cc of formula or 7% would be 1.1cc per feeding. The heavy cream would be added into the formula, but VERY slowly to avoid any tummy issues. Others who are more experienced with flyers may know more about how much to add though. I defer to their expertise.
    He has been eating about 1.4 cc's of formula. And thank you for the information on the heavy cream

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Roxi's mom from:

SammysMom (12-18-2016)

In my experience, as long as the poop stays good, flyers do tend to eat a tad more than 7%, but never never more than 10%.

The amount of cream to add depends on how much formula you're making at one time. How many scoops (of what size) do you use to make a batch of formula, right now?

Perhaps the weight is a bit off. He might be a little bit heavier that 17g since it is very hard to get a proper weight when they are so small. You are doing a gret job so just keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxi's mom View Post
    I see him poop daily but usually only once. There were several little tiny poops in my hand after I fed him yet hat stuck like glue lol! I guess I am just wiping away the pee and I'm not seeing it in the process. .
    Are you stimulating him after every feeding? I first stimulate to make them pee,
    then poop. Also if they act fussy while feeding, try stimulating them. Sometimes they have
    to go so bad, they squirm and refuse to finish. Stimulate and then try finishing the feeding.
    What formula are you using?

Here is a list of days old to approximate weights that you can use as a guideline. Keep in mind your guy is new to rehab so he's going to be on the lighter side of things till he catches up. And of course you don't know exactly how old he is. Based on the pics you posted I'd say he's between 25 & 30 days old.

7 days ---- 7g
    9 days ---- 7-8g
    12 days -- 10-11g
    14 days -- 11-13g
    17 days -- 12-13g
    19 days -- 15-16g
    21 days -- 16-19g
    28 days -- eyes open
    30 days -- 25-26g
    31 days -- 27-28g
    35 days -- 30-31g
    38 days -- 32-34g
    41 days -- 34-37g
    50 days -- 41-52g (note the large variation now)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast