Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    You can give her the same amount of Pedialyte as you do her formula,
    in between her formula feedings.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    I'm back! I have the probiotics and I was wondering how much I should give little girl? And how much water I should mix it in? They are 12mg capsules. Thanks!

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    I'm back! I have the probiotics and I was wondering how much I should give little girl? And how much water I should mix it in? They are 12mg capsules. Thanks!
    Can you post a picture of what you got?
    Do they look like the ones I suggested?
    I've never heard of probiotics having a strength in mgs.



  4. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Is there any way I can send the pics to you, I'm on my cell phone and still haven't figured out how to post pics... And I might be wrong about the mg, I just quickly read the back of the box. I think the mg is from one of the ingredients within the probiotics

    Edit: yes mg were definitely something else

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    Is there any way I can send the pics to you, I'm on my cell phone and still haven't figured out how to post pics... And I might be wrong about the mg, I just quickly read the back of the box. I think the mg is from one of the ingredients within the probiotics
    Yes do still have my email address?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Yes do still have my email address?
    Yes I just sent the pics! Also, she has been perking up throughout the day and I have not heard any clicking except for strange breathing during and after the feedings, but how long should I keep her on the Cipro? Will I have to wean her off of it? And same for the probiotic?

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    Yes I just sent the pics! Also, she has been perking up throughout the day and I have not heard any clicking except for strange breathing during and after the feedings, but how long should I keep her on the Cipro? Will I have to wean her off of it? And same for the probiotic?
    I got the pictures and this looks fine.
    Open up a capsule, and pour a little in your hand and
    taste it. Is it pretty benign, or maybe just a tad sweet?
    Give her just a pinch which would amount to a size something like
    this O. You can put that in a tiny bit of formula. She should take it just fine.
    Remember 2 hours prior or after dosing the Cipro.
    She will need to stay on the Cipro for minimum of 5 days, and see how she is
    doing then we may stop it.
    No weaning her off of antibiotics OR the probiotics.

  8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

    SammysMom (11-01-2016)

  9. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Thank you! I will just have to wait to give her the probiotics, because she just recieved her Cipro.

  10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Elbee111 from:

    SammysMom (11-01-2016)

  11. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    Thank you! I will just have to wait to give her the probiotics, because she just recieved her Cipro.

    Good girl!

  12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

    SammysMom (11-01-2016)

  13. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    Do not be offended by my questions, please. I have to ask because we have all made this mistake. Are you feeding everything, including the Pedialyte VERY warm? It can make a huge difference and each of them likes it a different temperature. Sometimes that has made a huge difference in how much I can get into one. At 89g, she should be eating at least 4cc every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I do think that she is dehydrated and would definitely give the mixture Nancy posted with the cereal and banana to get that diarrhea stopped. That is her worst enemy with dehydration at this point. Nothing works on a dehydrated baby because they don't want food and then if they do take food, they can't properly digest it anyway.
    At this point, I myself might even give her a drop or two of Kaopectate if you don't have the ingredients for the BRAT mixture.
    Sorry, I am just NOW seeing this comment! Everything I give them is heated very warm, but skin tested to make sure it is not hot. An update on her: she has been taking 3 cc's of formula every 3 hours (She is between 70 and 80g). I will let her have more now that I know she is not over eating and I will space it out to every 4 hours! Her stool has been solid for the past 10 hours! She is also perking up and sucking down that formula. I am beyond happy!

  14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Elbee111 from:

    SammysMom (11-02-2016)

  15. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    Sorry, I am just NOW seeing this comment! Everything I give them is heated very warm, but skin tested to make sure it is not hot. An update on her: she has been taking 3 cc's of formula every 3 hours (She is between 70 and 80g). I will let her have more now that I know she is not over eating and I will space it out to every 4 hours! Her stool has been solid for the past 10 hours! She is also perking up and sucking down that formula. I am beyond happy!
    This is fantastic news.
    What a great post to wake up to, thank you
    for the update!
    I merged your two threads, so everything is
    in one place now.

  16. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    This is fantastic news.
    What a great post to wake up to, thank you
    for the update!
    I merged your two threads, so everything is
    in one place now.
    Thank you! She has been taking her meds and probiotics and she took 3 1/3 cc's of formula this morning while her smaller brother took 3! She's starting to shake her tail when she knows it's feeding time and has been MUCH more active. Her progress has made me so happy. From being limp and having her head just flop over-not taking a DROP of formula or pedialyte on her own to being just as energetic as her healthy brother! This little one's a fighter! All thanks to the experts' quick replies, I can't thank you guys enough! Hopefully soon I can get to my computer and post some pics and updates of this cute duo on The Nursery!

  17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Elbee111:

    SammysMom (11-02-2016), stepnstone (11-02-2016)

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    Thank you! She has been taking her meds and probiotics and she took 3 1/3 cc's of formula this morning while her smaller brother took 3! She's starting to shake her tail when she knows it's feeding time and has been MUCH more active. Her progress has made me so happy. From being limp and having her head just flop over-not taking a DROP of formula or pedialyte on her own to being just as energetic as her healthy brother! This little one's a fighter! All thanks to the experts' quick replies, I can't thank you guys enough! Hopefully soon I can get to my computer and post some pics and updates of this cute duo on The Nursery!
    We gave the advice and you did ALL the work to save this precious soul.
    Nice job!
    You can email me pictures if you want and I will post.
    Whenever you want the thread moved to the nursery, just let
    me know.
    We can make that happen too!

  19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

    stepnstone (11-02-2016)

  20. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    We gave the advice and you did ALL the work to save this precious soul.
    Nice job!
    You can email me pictures if you want and I will post.
    Whenever you want the thread moved to the nursery, just let
    me know.
    We can make that happen too!
    Thank you! You've gone through enough trouble, I finally figured out how to post pics and now they are in the nursery!

  21. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Elbee111:

    Nancy in New York (11-02-2016), SammysMom (11-02-2016)

  22. #95
    Bluebird Guest

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Hi I am a veterinarian in Greensboro Nc who sees squirrels and does squirrel rehab. Do you still need any help with your little ones??
    Thanks,
    Courtney Elder

  23. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Bluebird:

    DaSquirrelMom (11-07-2016), Mel1959 (12-07-2016), Nancy in New York (11-07-2016), stepnstone (11-07-2016)

  24. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    Hi I am a veterinarian in Greensboro Nc who sees squirrels and does squirrel rehab. Do you still need any help with your little ones??
    Thanks,
    Courtney Elder
    WOW I am just now seeing this comment, but I would love to get your office number for possible future use! I did not know there was a veterinarian in Greensboro who sees squirrels! Thank you so much!

  25. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43,989
    Thanked: 21566

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbee111 View Post
    WOW I am just now seeing this comment, but I would love to get your office number for possible future use! I did not know there was a veterinarian in Greensboro who sees squirrels! Thank you so much!
    Sending this information now in a pm.

  26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

    Mel1959 (12-07-2016)

  27. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 64

    Default Re: HELP! 3/4 WEEK OLD WITH PNEUMONIA. CIPRO FOR TREATMENT???

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Sending this information now in a pm.
    Thank you!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •