Thread: Are Grover's teeth too long??

Default Are Grover's teeth too long??

Hey all. We have had Grover for about 7 months, since he was a few weeks old. When we got him, he was a tiny runt and his teeth had been ignored. The vet explained that he had an underbite, and would need his teeth constantly trimmed. They had grown so long that he had a recess in the top of his mouth, which was causing him breathing problems. We took him to the vet every few weeks after that. The last time we took him in, maybe a month or so ago, the vet was surprised and said that he thought the teeth looked normal, and that they appeared to have grown straight. We were relieved by this, but we love him so much that we've been afraid of letting him go because we want to make sure that he will make it without his teeth becoming a problem. So we waited, and have started to worry that maybe they are getting too long again? We were all set to trim his teeth today, but we lost our nerve when I began second-guessing both the instrument I had to trim them, as well as perhaps whether they needed to be trimmed!

We are basically going to have to take him to the vet again, I think? Just to be safe? This was the best picture we could get... admittedly it is not good, but here his teeth have not been trimmed for at least a couple of months. They look... slightly long to me? But I don't know and we are both paranoid about it.

Any help appreciated!

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  17.1 KB

Default Re: Are Grover's teeth too long??

I think this picture is bigger...

Name:  IMG_0075.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  695.4 KB

Anyone??

I saw your thread earlier. I just don't have an answer for you, so I didn't reply. I have babies and my first ones at that. If someone has an answer, they will help you. Stick around.

He eating ok?

I'm not very good at telling from pictures - are they touching the roof of his mouth? Or Near it? Is he having problems eating nuts?

If you have pulled down the lower lip so that ALL of the lower teeth are exposed then I would say those teeth are on the longer end of normal. Not long enough to be worried but would need to see the top teeth as well. If there is additional lower teeth that is not visible then they are probably a bit long.

How are his upper teeth?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I don't know if its just the angle..... but are his teeth even across the top,
    or is one long than the other? --if one is longer, they need to be clipped.