Thread: Grrrr - Having Trouble Uploading Pics

Default Grrrr - Having Trouble Uploading Pics

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! PLZ!!!

I am having trouble being able to post pictures of my newest 2 babies on TSB.
    My last UL was about 5 days ago and it worked fine, but now I am unable to
    post any pics off my phone Note5 or off my home computer.

The system will let me add a file and attempt to UL the pics, but then I get a red
    exclamation mark next to the uploaded file with an error messages next to it.

Message: 500 [IOError type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2text="Error#2038]

**Hope some one can help.

Default Re: Grrrr - Having Trouble Uploading Pics

Rhapsody I will alert Bravo and Spanky to this thread. In the meantime, I am having problems too but not quite the same as yours: pix on the board, that anyone has posted, are not loading for me when I click on the thumbnails. I get a small box with the URL for the pic, but no pic. This has been going on for two days but i thought it was a problem on my end.......
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

Rhapsody (09-26-2016)

I've been having the same issues uploading pics with my phone since I got it a few months back. You're using a note which is a Samsung product like my phone. I've realized my phone takes pics and the file size is huge for a cell phone camera (3.0 GB to 4.0 GB). My phone acts like the pic is uploading then it gives me the red explanation mark also. Our file sizes are too large for this site. You have to resize them which is next to impossible on a cell phone although it can be done. You can email them to yourself and change the file size before you hit send. OR you can post them to something similar to InstaGram and delete them immediately. When you post to IG it creates a smaller file and puts it in your gallery. That smaller file can be uploaded on TSB. It's a total pain in the butt, which is why I stopped posting daily pics because I'd rather upload them from a computer than go through all that mess.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song"

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sara in NW MS from:

Bravo (09-26-2016)

I am not sure I can be of any help... I agree with Sara that it seems to be a matter of the file size of the image. I always resize them too, just so pages here load faster, etc. In testing an upload of a 5MB picture just now the upload failed. I would not know if there is a setting on vBullentin concerning file size... and not sure we'd want to set that to be too awfully big if there is a setting. I know most folks are on faster broadband these days, but the length of time for pages to load with large pictures (large as in file size) used to be an issue that members were complaining.

I have the note 5 also. I text the pic to myself and save from there. Then I have no trouble uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Rhapsody I will alert Bravo and Spanky to this thread. In the meantime, I am having problems too but not quite the same as yours: pix on the board, that anyone has posted, are not loading for me when I click on the thumbnails. I get a small box with the URL for the pic, but no pic. This has been going on for two days but i thought it was a problem on my end.......

Thanks IR ...... I wait patiently for the return of My Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    yep same exact thing for me since I first posted on this forum... thought it was just on my end too..

Thanks Sara, Spanky. I'm going to suggest that the Samsung is taking photos at a file size that is well over the individual attachment file size limit for this forum. As Spanky mentioned, there is a fine balance between how fast pages load on phones and how large a page of photos can be before performance suffers.

That's one possibility. The other is that TSB has actually hit the overall limit for all attachments in total. I've reset that to a higher limit.

If the issue continues, Sara's suggestions may be useful.
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic929_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by synisterkat View Post
    I have the note 5 also. I text the pic to myself and save from there. Then I have no trouble uploading.
    Thanks for Help........ I tried this and it worked for me.
    Its a lot more work, so I hope the issue is fixed soon.