Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42,649
    Thanked: 18561

    Exclamation SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    The end of winter I started stocking up on some
    supplies for the upcoming season.
    My 2 favorite sites were low on syringes so we were limited, and I found another site
    in CalVet which sold great syringes, or so I thought. (SOL-M Feeding Syringe)

    The price was right 100 1cc O ring syringes for $15.00, plus it came with a cap.
    WOW what a bargain.

    Well I just started using the new ones about a week ago.
    They are so smooth that the babies (~6-7 weeks old) suck the formula out way too
    fast and aspirate.

    Just a word of caution to anyone using these syringes.
    You have to hold the plunger back, and it can be awkward.

    For now, I am sticking with my old syringes, even without the numbers since they wash off.
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 11-05-2016 at 11:32 PM.

  2. 14 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Nancy in New York:

    bkaruna1122 (04-06-2017), cava (09-07-2016), DarkLies212 (09-07-2016), FortWorthSquaddy (09-24-2016), Grinderhead (09-07-2016), island rehabber (09-08-2016), lennysmom (09-07-2016), MissAmy (11-17-2016), missPixy (09-16-2016), Rhapsody (09-07-2016), SammysMom (09-15-2016), Sara in NW MS (09-07-2016), squirrelgirl30 (05-06-2017), stepnstone (09-07-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,689
    Thanked: 661

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Glad to see a review on the new sol-m syringes, as I was just looking at them online last night and wondering how well they worked........ I am thinking about placing a restock order.

    Even though I am not rehabbing this year still due to medical reasons I like to keep supplies on hand for those in need in my area.

    Thanks Nancy.

  4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rhapsody from:

    squirrelgirl30 (05-06-2017)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42,649
    Thanked: 18561

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    Glad to see a review on the new sol-m syringes, as I was just looking at them online last night and wondering how well they worked........ I am thinking about placing a restock order.

    Even though I am not rehabbing this year still due to medical reasons I like to keep supplies on hand for those in need in my area.

    Thanks Nancy.
    PM me your address, and I will send you one.
    They are way too smooth for a squirrel unless you hold the syringe back.
    (Never thought I would say a syringe is TOO SMOOTH)
    At least the numbers stay on them though.
    I would stick with the miracle syringes, even after the numbers wear off.
    Akkk just went to Chris's and the 1 cc miracle syringes are sold out!
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 09-09-2016 at 10:08 AM.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,689
    Thanked: 661

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Yeah I saw that all the 1cc syringes were sold out..... Eeeeek!!
    Having to wait to place an order, only sol-m available atm.

    Henry's & Chris's ........

  7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rhapsody from:

    Nancy in New York (09-09-2016)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    556
    Thanked: 450

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    PM me your address, and I will send you one.
    They are way too smooth for a squirrel unless you hold the syringe back.
    (Never thought I would say a syringe is TOO SMOOTH)
    At least the numbers stay on them though.
    I would stick with the miracle syringes, even after the numbers wear off.
    Akkk just went to Chris's and the 1 cc miracle syringes are sold out!
    I bought the 3mL Sol-m syringes and found that if I use the plunger that came with the 3mL miracle syringe, they are less fast.

  9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TerriCompro:

    missPixy (09-16-2016), squirrelgirl30 (05-06-2017)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42,649
    Thanked: 18561

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Quote Originally Posted by TerriCompro View Post
    I bought the 3mL Sol-m syringes and found that if I use the plunger that came with the 3mL miracle syringe, they are less fast.
    WOW great suggestion. AND we will have our numbers too.
    Thank you Terri!

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,689
    Thanked: 661

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    I received the new sol-m syringes you sent
    to me to try Nancy..... Thanks a Million.

    You are Best!!

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42,649
    Thanked: 18561

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    I received the new sol-m syringes you sent
    to me to try Nancy..... Thanks a Million.

    You are Best!!
    Remember, the go FAST!
    You may want to use your old plungers like
    Terri suggested.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    tinytown, USA
    Posts
    729
    Thanked: 232

    Default Re: SOL-M Feeding Syringe

    O.M.G. This happened to me just last week! With me though, I'd started my latest baby on 1.0ml syringes I had already, when she came to me at 5-ish weeks old.

    I knew I'd need 5.0ml so bought the Luer-Lock O-ring syringes. First time I used them, I thought there was a hole in the nipple because of how much formula came squirting out into my baby's face and nose!!

    I realized it was just the action of the syringe that was so smooth, she wasn't used to it and since she sucks hard on the syringe anyway, neither of us were prepared!
    We can bring a heart of understanding and compassion to a world that needs it so much. ~~ Jack Kornfield

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •