Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just getting rid of bloat. Now what?

Default Re: Just getting rid of bloat. Now what?

I looked at the pics and he doesn't look all that bed to me...... I would give the little guy a break for 4 hours then feed him some goats milk, no cream or yogurt, and get some Esbilac with Probiotics ASAP tomorrow.

The poop should firm up once the goats milk is stopped and only the Esbilac is feed at 5% of the body weight. Good Luck.

Working on watering now, then another soak. Then stimulation again. Then I'll give him a little break.

Good Luck....... Prayers for you both.

While this was already written, I would just like to reiterate an important part.
    This is the same procedure we recommend when a squirrel has possibly ingested something
    that could be toxic. Get it out of their system.
    Good luck with your little one, you are amazing!

"plain water. I did this every hour (giving about .2-.3 ml) and ensure you stimulate after each, for 2 reasons. 1. You have to get that water out of the bladder, and it will burst if you don't. 2. You want that water to start working on the crud in the belly.

Water done. Bath done. Continued to pee. But no poop this time, not really since the pic I put up. Will keep ya updated. Thank you all so much.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bri374 from:

Nancy in New York (09-05-2016)

Update: Still hanging on. He is still urinating...and I got one additional big poop from him. He's still taking water. He was starting to go limp and get twitchy..I added 2 drops of honey to water. Wet his lips, he took a few drops and came back around. Those twitches are scary. Still stimulating and hydrating, back to plain water. Let me know any additional tips, anything helps!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bri374 from:

redwuff (09-05-2016)

Good eye and quick action with the honey water! I've been where you are with other species. It's an hour by hour thing, for sure. Keep up the good work

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to cava from:

redwuff (09-05-2016)

Thank you all again!

Update: just got 2 soft, but formed poops and then a loose, sticky one.
    Still getting plenty of urine, of course he's been on only water.
    He just got another feeding of water only. I'm hoping if the next stimulation goes well, I can give him a little bit of dilute goats milk and try to get some sleep.
    His belly is still round, but much, much softer!
    Anyways, that's the plan! If I'm wrong, please correct me! I don't wanna hurt him!

Last for tonight, Sammy's loose stool has continued. Looks like a yellow booger really.
    A small amount. So, I'm thinking water has done it's job?
    I mixed up some 3:1 water to evaporated goats milk. Hopefully, dilute enough to calm that belly without backing him up again!
    Getting esbilac tomorrow, I just couldn't bear the thought of going all night with nothing.
    He took 0.8cc, would've taken more but I restrained. Will see how he's doing at 6.

Warning to all Pet AGS Esbilac and Pet Lac are NOT the same!
    Last edited by Bri374; 09-06-2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Spelling

13. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Bri374:

Nancy in New York (09-06-2016), UDoWhat (09-06-2016)

Sammy is doing well. He is having loose stool still. But he is hydrated, so I'm hopeful we are past the worst of it. He is still on the Goats milk 3:1 diluted until I get off work. Passing plenty of urine!

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Bri374:

cava (09-06-2016), Nancy in New York (09-06-2016)

Because he's had such a hard time with formula I would put him on Jackie's Goat formula. It's easily digested by these little guys and I have raised them from pinkies to 4 weeks on it with no ill effects at all. It's all I use on the littles. 3 parts Goats milk (I buy the pasturized at whole foods) 1 part full fat vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield makes it) and 1 part heavy whipping cream. So that would not be a big switchover for him. And I shake the goats milk real well and freeze in Ice cube trays then put it in a freezer bag. Then you just thaw what you need each day.

17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to farm mom:

redwuff (09-06-2016), UDoWhat (09-06-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by farm mom View Post
    Because he's had such a hard time with formula I would put him on Jackie's Goat formula. It's easily digested by these little guys and I have raised them from pinkies to 4 weeks on it with no ill effects at all. It's all I use on the littles. 3 parts Goats milk (I buy the pasturized at whole foods) 1 part full fat vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield makes it) and 1 part heavy whipping cream. So that would not be a big switchover for him. And I shake the goats milk real well and freeze in Ice cube trays then put it in a freezer bag. Then you just thaw what you need each day.
    I completely agree. This little one needs to start getting some calories and nutrition now. I have used this formula for my little pinkies too. As they get older I transition them to Esbilac. I do add a bit of cream and full fat vanilla yogurt if I feel they need it as they get older too. BUT every addition is done slowly, with documentation and no guess work.

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to UDoWhat from:

cava (09-06-2016)

How is your baby doing?

Sammy is doing well today and yesterday.
    Yesterday I gave only goats milk, evaporated and reconstituted with equal parts water. Today we have been doing 1/2 the goats milk with 3:1 Esbilac.
    I was working towards getting him to full esbilac.

My hesitation is that others said the heavy cream could've been what caused all the back up.
    I have ordered the Ultraboost. So, I was going to ask how I should best use that.
    My plan was to mix it with the full esbilac.
    I'm open and willing to change the plan.

On my last 3 squirrels I used fox valley line all the way through, but that was about 2-4 years ago. So, I'm new to Esbilac.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12