Thread: Very strange baby, possible NR

Default Very strange baby, possible NR

I've got a little boy gray who's about three-4 weeks old, fur just beginning to grow, very patchy on the head and growing in with some missing spots, I've been putting coconut oil to help but still slow progress. He was originally cat bitten, on AB's, and bruised all over for reference. He also has some major leg problems and they were both broken in several places. Thing is besides his weird fur growth his eyes are OPEN!! It looks so strange on a baby with so little fur...also he's got an unusual face.I know this can sometimes happen with stress but he's been with me for around3 weeks so it's strange for this to happen now. He's only 60 grams, any ideas on this? Additionally his legs are healing but VERY twisted. What can be done for this? I'm very concerned he will end up being an NR 😩 I don't know what I'd do
    Acorns Maple
    Hickory Willow
    Jasper Sparta
    Bean Athena
    Birch Cashew

And my angels Peanut, Dandy, and Clover.

Default Re: Very strange baby, possible NR

Sounds like he had such a rough start. He may be NR but only time will tell. Yes, its common for eyes to open a bit early for those that have been stressed so much. I don't know what can be done about the legs without help from a vet. Can you post some pics?
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to ALittleNutty from:

island rehabber (08-23-2016)

Which legs were broken.
    Amputation is very likely the only thing
    to keep this precious one from a life
    time of severe pain and suffering.

Multiple legs with multiple breaks poor
    baby.

Scurry Central
    living and loving squirrel

Both of his back legs, I had another thread where I posted a bunch of pictures of his legs at the beginning and then recently. It's under "possible broken ankle/foot" I think. He does use his legs, they formed calcium casts and headed up and he doesn't seem to be in any pain, but I worry that the angle and way in which they healed will keep him from being able to climb.
    Acorns Maple
    Hickory Willow
    Jasper Sparta
    Bean Athena
    Birch Cashew

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  515.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  509.4 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  521.5 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  501.9 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  511.0 KB
    This is the way he holds his legs. He uses them minimally. He doesn't bend one at the ankle much but rather prefers to keep it out straight behind him, the ankle does bend he just doesn't hold it that way. His tail also is growing fur strangely, possibly because the end was very bruised when I got him? He looks so sweet, with his huge eyes, almost like a premature baby. He's weighing in at around 60-70 grams I believe
    Acorns Maple
    Hickory Willow
    Jasper Sparta
    Bean Athena
    Birch Cashew